Chapter 15

(Alejandra POV)

I could hear multiple voices around me, but none of them sounded familiar. One of the voices, though, felt familiar. I wanted to see who this voice belonged to. Peeling my eyes open, I saw myself looking up at a white ceiling surrounded by white walls. I sat up slowly to see the Alpha of this pack speaking with a woman.

They both turned to look at me, "Where am I?"

"You're in the infirmary," Worry was etched into his face, "What do you remember?"

I wanted to make him smile. I wanted his pain and worries to fade away. "I remember coming here to meet you, and I remember the pain that felt like I was on fire." I massaged my temples, trying to make the last bit of my headache fade, "Where is Raul?"

The alpha tensed up, "He stormed off when I told him you were to stay here until you were well enough to leave." He seemed to be gritting his teeth, had something happened between them while I was unconscious?

"I need to speak to him."

"No!" He was growling, clearly upset over something.

He took a deep breath before speaking again. "You can speak to him later, but first, we have to discuss some things." He placed his hand on mine, and painful sparks licked up my arm. I pulled away, not understanding.

"Okay, what would you like to discuss, Alpha?"

"Please call me Brendon." Taking the title away felt wrong. I didn't know this man.

"Brendon," the woman behind him finally spoke, "why don't you grab Alejandra some water. I'm sure she must be thirsty."

He looked at me with hesitancy, "I'll be right back, okay?" When he walked out of the room, the woman spoke again.

"Sorry, he can be a little tense and straight to the point. I'm Aurora." The woman smiled at me kindly.

"I am Alejandra."

"Before he gets back, I need to explain a few things." She moved to sit beside me, "Brendon asked me to check on you because you were showing signs of being affected by magic."

A low growl erupted from me. Witches were mercenaries that everyone hated; they served the highest bidder.

Aurora chuckled, "You don't seem too fond of witches."

I scoffed, "Who is? They are mistakes from the goddess. They were formed from the left-over magic that created werewolves."

"I've never heard that one before," she laughed, "But just so you know, my full title is Aurora, Mother of the witches and Luna of the Clearwater pack. I am one of the three in charge of the western hemisphere."

"So then it was your fault that this spell was put on me." My tone was defensive and rude, witches the lowest of the species, too much like humans.

"No." She shook her head, "more than likely, this spell was placed on you at a young age, way before I knew of the supernatural community." She looked so happy, so at peace. I never would have assumed she had this kind of responsibility on her shoulders.

"What does this spell do?"

"It's dark magic. It was placed to prevent you from ever finding your mate. It tried to sever the bond." Another person obsessed with this mate thing, I determined everyone in the U.S. must be crazy to believe in such a thing. She must have seen my doubt, "Tell me, Alejandra, what do you feel when Brendon touches you?"

"Searing pain."

"And do you think it is normal for a werewolf to be able to inflict pain with just a touch?"

"No..." She looks at me with a knowing smile, "are you trying to tell me that Brendon is my mate?"

"Yes." I went to speak, but she put her hand up, "Before you ask why the moon goddess would pair up a pureblood with a non-pureblood, consider this: My mate is an Alpha from one of the most renown packs in North America."

"But why would the goddess put a witch and a werewolf together?"

"I think a better question to ask is why wouldn't she?" Thoughts and questions were circling through my head, "I know you were raised to believe that werewolves are at the top of the food chain, witches at the bottom, and everyone else in between, but we are all the goddesses' children. Each of us is blessed with our own gifts, pure blood or not." She squeezed my hand, "Please keep that in mind. I don't wanna see Brendon get hurt."

On cue, Brendon walked through the door with a pitcher of water, a few cups, and a bag of assorted fruits. He also had a sexy smirk on his face, "I wasn't sure what you liked to eat, so I grabbed whatever we had in the kitchen."

Seeing my favorite fruit in the bag, I smiled, "thank you, I love fresas." Aurora whispered something in his ear and began to walk away. His face lit up with her words, "Oh, strawberries."

He grabbed them and handed them to me, "Goodbye, Alejandra. If you have any questions about what we discussed, Brendon has my number."

"Adios," I whispered back. For a witch, she wasn't too bad. 

--------------------------------------------------

Things are about to pick up here if anyone was wondering, there is about to be a lot more conflict with Raul and Alejandra's father.

And I am trying to make how Alejandra views the other species and other werewolves similar to racism and how stupid racism is. My goal clearly is to have her over come it but let me know what you guys think :D

Anyways please vote and comment like always it makes me publish chapter faster and be more confident in my writing.

Until next time :)