Chapter 37

Brendon POV

I sat there numb as I held her in my arms, she was bleeding, and I couldn't stop it. I didn't know what to do if she died. I wouldn't be able to keep going. The world around me stopped as she looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes, so full of pain, but behind that was happiness. I made her happy, Tears were streaming down my face as she closed her eyes, and her last breath escaped her.

I could hear screaming and yelling all around me, but I couldn't' look anywhere but my mate's face. The bond between us snapped, and I crumbled in pain, falling on top of her. My heart was being ripped from my chest. I told her I would remember my promise to continue looking after the pack, but I didn't know how I would do that after she died, it hurt too much.

My sadness turned to anger as I thought about what was happening. Looking away from my beautiful angel, I saw her father on his knees in front of us. He was crying as well. The man in front of me who intimidated the world was in tears, and this was all his fault.

"You killed her." I wasn't sure how he would understand me through my snarl.

His eyes looked at me with regret and understanding, "She was truly your mate." It was barely a whisper, but I could not have heard him correctly.

He stood up and turned around, "Raul." His voice was so full of power that it made me tremble, so this was the power of the pure-blooded Alpha.

Raul was on one knee in front of the alpha in a matter of seconds.

"You planned and set this all up, did you not? You knew this wolf was her mate, and you killed her." The Alpha's tone was almost calm. It terrified me. How did I ever think I would win against this man.

"la puta no se supone que debe morir. Iba a ser alfa." I could not understand what Raul had said, but I knew whatever he said was not in his favor.

Even with the Alpha's backed turned towards me, I could feel the power radiating off of him, he was angry, and no one would stop him. Looking back at Alejandra, I tucked the hair behind her ear, "He really cared for you, my love."

The alpha pulled a knife out from his belt and handed it to Raul, "cortarse hasta que mueras." Once again, I didn't know the words, but Raul's face grew scared as his hand reached up to take the knife. His hands clamped around it. Trembling, he forced the blade down into his leg. Blood soaked his pants as he did the same thing to his other leg. I could not look away as Raul placed cuts throughout his entire body, never one that would kill him.

I felt someone touch Alejandra, causing me to growl and snap at them. The alpha's eyes were sad, "let us get her back to bury her. I will explain all after."

Glancing back over to Raul, he was still cutting different body parts. His first few cuts had already healed as he tried cutting it back open again. No longer could I watch as he was covered in blood. Looking back up at Alejandra's father, I nodded and stood with her in my arms. I mind-linked my pack to stop, and I had a feeling her father had as well because when we got back to the house, everyone was there. When they saw Alejandra, tears poured from them all.

It wasn't supposed to end this way. She was supposed to live by my side as we led the pack. As my foot went to cross the threshold, I felt as if I was being watched. Turning around, I thought I caught a glimpse of a woman in the trees with eyes of fire. But when I blinked, she was gone.

Talking with her father, we determined to bury her tomorrow evening at dusk, then he would return home and mourn her with his pack and leave my pack to mourn for their luna.

For the first time that night, I went to bed knowing that I would never be able to hold Alejandra in my arms again.