Chapter 32

Two weeks. It had been two whole weeks since I had seen Brendon. No phone call, no text, nothing. Aurora kept telling me to be patient, that Brendon would come around when he was ready, that it would take time, but he would forgive me. In the past week, I barely got any sleep without his warmth. I didn't have an appetite for anything. Aurora would make me something and force me to eat it most of the time. She said it was so I did not give up on myself, not to mention in the last couple of days, I was sick to the point I was almost bedridden.

Aurora would disappear at all times of the day, so I had to keep myself company or talk to some of the wolves that would come in to check up on me.

For the tenth time that day, I ran to the bathroom to throw up what little I had eaten. Rising from the toilet, I grabbed my toothbrush and scrubbed the taste from my mouth. Wrapping myself in a blanket to chase away the chills, I made my way to the front room. Maybe Aurora could take me to the pack doctor if she was here.

Halfway there, I smelt something that made me stop in my tracks. He's here. Sprinting as fast as I could through the house, I stopped in the entryway of the dining room, and there he was talking with Aurora. He must have felt my presence because he glanced up at me. His eyes were filled with such hurt and pain. I didn't see any form of love when he looked at me anymore. My heart felt like it had shattered.

I collapsed to the ground, unable to stand any more. I heard yelling, but everything in front of my eyes was blurred. I wasn't able to distinguish anything going on around me. My world went black, but I could feel him holding me in his arms. I could feel myself crying but I was happy to be with him even if it was just for these few seconds. All I ever wanted for the past two weeks was to be in his arms.