Chapter 14

This is who I see Alejandra's mate like, if you picture him so other way feel free to :) oh and BTW for the life of me I can't find his name so you just get a pic lol

Watching her lay there almost lifeless was killing me. I had just met her, and somehow, I was causing her pain? This didn't make any sense. Aurora would be here soon, though, and hopefully, she could explain what was happening.

I ran my fingers through Alejandra's dark brown hair and tried to calm myself down. I thought about the situation she was in. According to David, she was only marrying Raul because she was convinced she needed to help keep the bloodline pure. I wish she understood that it didn't matter if you were a pureblood; they weren't superior. If the goddess wanted to bless someone, she would; if Alejandra chooses to get to know me, she will realize that.

I saw the mark peaking up over her shoulder blade, and I felt like I was being stabbed. Just knowing that Raul had marked her when she didn't want to be was disgusting. I should have torn his head off when he stepped onto my land.

Hearing the door open, I looked up to see Aurora walk it.

"Thank you for coming."

She sent me a sad smile, one filled with pity, "Anything for you." She came over, placed her hands on my mate, and whispered in hushed tones. Smelling blood, I looked up to see Aurora's nose begin to bleed, and her balance was swaying. I barely caught her before she hit the floor.

She was breathing heavily, "I'm sorry, Brendon. I weakened the spell, but the witch who put it there used very dark magic. It isn't something I can get rid of."

"What was the spell?" I lifted her and sat her on the bed next to my mate.

"It was to sever the mate bond." Digging my nails into my palm, I drew blood. "If she would have mated with the one who marked her, the bond would have been broken. She should wake up soon, though."

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. Aurora didn't deserve to receive the brunt of my anger.

"There is one thing you should know, though." She grabbed my hand, sending waves of peace and comfort. "The closer you are, the more pain she will be in. But if you stay away from her too long, the bond might fade."

"How am I supposed to fix this?" My voice cracked and was filled with desperation.

"She has to be willing for you to replace her mark with yours. Once your mark is on her, it should restore the bond."

I nodded once more. If there was a way to fix this, I would move heaven and earth to make it happen.

"Darren and I are here for you with whatever support you need." She squeezed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile. Aurora and her mate Darren had helped me through a very dark time, and I owed them everything.

"Thank you for coming," I whispered.

"Would you like me to stay to try and explain the whole mate thing? She might hear it better from someone who went through something similar."

"Darren won't mind?"

She shook her head, "Nah, he has a lot of pack business going on, plus I think he gets nervous every time I mention wanting pups." She laughed at her mate, but I could tell she was upset with him for not wanting children yet.

We would have kept up the friendly chat had we not heard Alejandra stir. She was sitting up, looking around with fear in her eyes. "Where am I?"

--------------------------

Yes I am ending the chapter here, and if you have read any of my other books Aurora is one of the main characters in my book The Witch. This book will not give away spoilers for that book nor will that book give spoilers for this book because this book is set a few years later than that book.

Anyways I hope that you enjoy, please vote and comment :)

Till next time :D