Chapter 29

The room was silent. They all just stared at him like he was crazy until one alpha spoke up, "you are telling me that the moon goddess made you a shifter." Everyone in the room could hear the mocking tone in his voice, "You, one of the weakest alpha's in North America, are the shifter."

The room was growing uncomfortable and I was growing angry. This man could not just insult my mate and get away with this, how could Brendon just sit here and take this man's insults? I could feel the shame rolling off of Brendon, "you do know the only reason half of us are here is that we respected your father when he was the Alpha of this pack."

"I am telling the truth, Jackson. Whether or not you choose to believe it or support us is your decision." Brendon already sounded defeated. He had no faith or hope we would win at that moment. My body was itching to shift and teach that alpha a lesson in respect, see how well he would fare against a pureblood.

"Never in hell will I follow a weak Alpha like you into battle. You would kill us all before we even met the enemy." He rose to get out of his seat, his beta and luna following suit.

"Wait." I had an idea, "Jackson, correct?"

He nodded, "Your doubts are valid, challenging someone's ability to lead his people into battle. However, is it not true that you are saying no because you are scared." His eyes grew cold towards me. It was never wise to challenge an alpha like this in front of a group.

"I am not scared. I will not follow an imbecile into battle." He was starting to get snarky.

Closing my eyes, I focused on this alpha. I slowly pushed myself into his mind. If I go with them, they will know that I have dealt with the purebloods for years.

Oh, that fool, I saw him trying to leave, "Or is it perhaps Alpha Jackson because you have been dealing with purebloods for years. You know you are just their puppet, si?"

He stopped with his hands on the handle, "I don't know what you are talking about." that bitch, how did she know I was supplying them with information.

"You mean you haven't been giving them information?" His eyes grew wide before he left the room and slammed the door. I retracted myself from his mind and felt a little dizzy.

"Well, now that is over, can we discuss how we would even handle these purebloods." Aurora's mate spoke up."

"Of course," Brendon squeezed my hand underneath the table.

The meeting had gone on for several hours. All of the witches pledged to help along with Darren, Aurora's mate's pack, not to mention the other three or four packs that stayed after Jackson had left. I told them the numbers and abilities present in the pack. When they asked about my father, I had to be honest; I had no idea what was special about him other than just being pure blood.

After the meeting and goodbyes, Brendon led me to our bedroom. Once behind closed doors, we both took a deep breath, "thank you for all your help, Alejandra."

Smiling, I walked up to him and pulled his head to mine. His tongue slid into my mouth, causing me to let out a moan. His arms went around my waist, and he pulled me closer to him. This kiss was not similar to last night. Last night was full of love and acceptance. This kiss was more animalistic and needy. Brendon pulled me up, causing me to wrap my legs around his waist. I could feel his bulge already growing. We both needed a release after that meeting.

Laying me down on the bed, we broke kisses only to remove the clothes in the way. He was already teasing me in ways that made me want to take control, if only for a moment. His fingers traveled lower, and just before I was about to have my release, a knock rang throughout the room.

"Alpha, Luna, your car is here." I bit my lip, trying not to make a noise with someone so close to the door. Brendon would not let that happen though he had a mischievous look in those playful eyes. Then his fingers made me scream his name. This man was doing things to me I would have never imagined.

"Let's get dressed, babe. Our car is here." He smirked, knowing what he did to me. I was still panting, "what car?"

"The car that is going to take us on our date."