Chapter 39

It had been a week since I came back to life, and everything had changed. The pack understood the decision we were making but at the same time, we knew that they didn't want us to do this.

Brendon stood on the platform and spoke loudly, "today, I relinquish my rights as Alpha of this pack and hand it down to my brother David and his mate Lindsey. From this point forward, they will be your Alpha and Luna. You will protect them and give them your lives just as you have done for my mate and me. We will forever be a part of this pack, but for the time we must leave you to embark on a quest given to us by the goddess, I thank you all for everything you have done for us both."

He motioned for me to step forward, "I know I have not known many of you for very long, but I found a sense of family here. You protected us just as we protected you and your families. Thank you."

I stood in front of Lindsey and Brendon in front of his brother. Both looked nervous and scared, but I knew they would do fine. They were both great people who loved and cared for this pack. Looking over at Brendon, he nodded to me. At the same time, we got down on one knee and exposed our necks as a sign of submission to the new Alpha and Luna. By the rustling behind me, I assumed everyone in the pack followed suit.

"I, David Blackwell, accept the position as your Alpha. I promise that I will do my best to allow this pack to prosper and grow." It was now Lindsey's turn. I looked up at her and saw how nervous she was.

"I, Lindsey Scott, accept the position as your Luna. I hope to learn and grow with all of you and provide something meaningful to this pack."

That night, there was a party to celebrate the new alpha and luna and the new beta. After a long night of joyous celebration, Brendon and I held each other close, knowing that it would be our last night here with these people.

"Goodnight my love." He kissed my lips gently and pulled me closer.

"Goodnight mi alma gemela. Te amo."

Together we slept, not knowing tomorrow's dangers but knowing we would face them together.