Chapter 24

It had been a few days since Raul had escaped from the cells, a few days since my father announced I had a month to return home. I didn't know precisely what my father had in mind, but I knew that it would not be good for Brendon's pack. Most of his pack would die at my father's hands if I did not return home. It scared me how attached I had become to these people in just a few days. I wasn't ever this close to anyone in my pack back home besides my mother.

Leaning back against Brendon, I was running through options of what to do in my head. His soft breath on my neck and the sparks I felt around me was not helping me make any decision. Feeling hot, I peeled the blanket away from me. His arms still had me trapped against his torso, but I was able to feel a little better with the blanket off.

"Good morning, beautiful." his whisper in my ear did things to my body that I could not understand. It was getting boiling hot in here.

"Morning, Brendon." Was it just me, or did that sound like a pant? Brendon must have heard it too because he turned me to face him, "Alejandra, how are you feeling."

His hand went to my forehead, "Hot. Brendon, why is it so hot in here?" By now, I felt like I was sweating gallons.

"Shit Alejandra you are in heat." Brendon bounced away from me. Was he leaving me? What the hell? This was his fault! He ran towards the bathroom, "No me digas, Brendon yo necesito tu. Por favor." I was whining after him.

When he returned, I took in him and all of his glory. Did he always look this good? All I had on my mind was completing the mating rituals. Screw whatever war was going to come. I needed him. He must have noticed the shift in my eyes, how I was no longer crying out in pain. He took a deep breath, and I realized he could smell my arousal.

"Alejandra, I know that you don't really want to do this right now. You are in heat; it will only last a few days. Until then, we will have to push through this."

Looking at him with tear-filled eyes, I asked him if that was his plan, to abandon his own mate. He didn't want me, his own mate. Was he rejecting me?

"No, babe, I will never reject you. But I know you do not really want to do this." He pleaded, but I could tell I was getting to him. His voice, Dios mꞽo his voice, is sexy.

The scent of a female in heat was enough to drive a wolf to do what nature intended. I imagined with us being mates, it must have been damn near impossible for him to stay away from me. It really did not help I was a pureblood and emitted a more pungent pheromone than the common wolf. I really was amazed at his strength. Not that I could really admire his will when all I wanted was him to mate me.

"Por favor mi amor" I had stalked towards him, pleading him with my eyes to stay. I had never needed something as bad as I needed him at that moment. When I got within hands reach of him, I grabbed him and yanked him towards me. When our lips connected, I melted. He was so soft and loving. His hands slid up and down my sides as the kiss became more passionate.

He slipped his tongue into my mouth, and I let him guide me, I was inexperienced in this department, but I wanted, no, I needed this to happen. Grabbing my butt, he lifted me up against him. Instinctually, I wrapped my legs around him, practically moaning when I felt something poking against me.

Hitting the edge of the bed, Brendon bent over and allowed my back to hit the mattress. He broke the kiss and stared into my eyes. Before I could stop him, he dashed from the room. Running after him, I grabbed the handle only to hear a lock from the other side.

He locked me in here! He locked me in here alone! I yanked and shoved the door, but it would not budge. I was not sure why Brendon had such a freaking strong door, but when he came back, he would regret locking me in here and not helping me get through this heat. Without him near me the pain and overwhelming heat started to come back, so I did the only thing that I could do to help even in the slightest. I changed into a wolf and curled up trying to get the pain away.

Brendon, please come back. I will behave..... please babe, I just need you.......I'm sorry.