Monster in the closet

Alex was only 9 years old. Every night he would carefully check his room for monsters before he went to bed. He would always ask his dad to check around as well.
His father would always do it for him because otherwise Alex would come into his father's room and tell him he was scared of the monsters.
One night after Alex and his father checked his room for monsters, he went right to bed. As he was falling asleep, he heard a noise coming from his closet. Alex hid under his blankets, hoping the noise would stop.
The noise didn't stop. Alex quickly ran to to his father's room to wake him up.
"Daddy can you check the closet for monsters?" Alex asked.
"I already checked before you went to bed," his father explained, annoyed.
"Yeah but I heard a noise," Alex said sadly.
His father sighed and got out of his bed. As he walked to the room Alex asked, "Daddy can I sleep on the couch just in case?"
"That's fine," he sighed.
To make his son feel better, he decided to check the closet anyway.
That morning, Alex woke up and decided to head to his room. He figured that his dad was still in bed since he didn't see him.
Since it was daytime, Alex checked his closet. His dad lied in there dead.
Apparently a murderer had snuck into the house and hid in Alex's closet. Once his dead had checked the closet, the murder had stabbed him to death.