Portrait tattoo

The biggest tragedy of my life was when my three year old son was hit by a car. It tore me apart knowing that a father couldn't save his own son. I wish that damn car could've taken me instead.
I never wanted the memory of my son to be forgotten. I wanted him to be a part of me forever. That was when I decided that I wanted a portrait tattoo of my son. I wanted to always have him with me.
I made an appointment and eventually the day came where I got my tattoo of my son. It was a very emotional time for me and the tattoo artist did an outstanding job. When he finally reveled the finished tattoo to me, I erupted into tears. It looked just like my son. It was perfect. I cried and thanked the artist over and over. He simply said that he was glad that he could keep my son alive and gave me a slight smile. I appreciated that moment so much.
Later that night I began to get ready for bed. I was so satisfied, yet emotional. I couldn't stop looking at the tattoo that was displayed on my arm. My son's face was really there. I wanted to cry again, but I knew that it was best to get some sleep . I walked away from the bathroom mirrors turned off the lights, and crawled into bed.
I actually felt pretty at peace. I was drifting to sleep pretty easily for the first time since my son's death. My whole mind was calm until I heard a sudden giggle. A giggle that sounded very familiar to me. I opened my eyes as the giggled continued. I could hear it right next to my ear. The laugh was coming from the tattoo. My son's laugh.