Children of the night

Jade sat quietly in her room, waiting for the clock to hit midnight. She had been waiting for this moment her whole life. She played around with the knife she had in her hands, which was covered in the blood of her parents. Ever since Jade was a little girl, she was abused by her parents. They would call her worthless and lock her in the basement with no food. When the clock would strike midnight, she would officially be eighteen years old, and she would finish her plan. She was completely calm, relived that she could leave her past behind.
  It was finally time, as the dinging of the clock echoed throughout the house. She stood up and left the house.
  It was a full moon and the sky was filled with shining stars. The street was so empty and quiet. The only sound she could hear was the sound of her own footsteps.
  She quietly snuck into the windows of every house in the town. She would first quietly murder the children's parents, and then sung to the children in a soothing voice and take them away with her. She did this to every single house with children inside. Soon, all of the children were singing along with her, following her throughout the street. Once she had rescued all of the children, she took them out faraway into the woods.
  All of the children sat around her playfully as she continued to sing. Once she had the attention of all the sleepy children, she decided to speak.
  "Quiet now, my children. I am your mother. I will love every single one of you, and none of you will ever live in pain. Your mother will protect you and give every single one of you the love you deserve. We will live happily together in the woods, and laugh and play games. Do not cry, do not weep, there is no need to fright, you are my children of the night,"