Unseen

I was never popular at school. It almost seemed like I didn't exist. None of the other students really seemed to want to talk to me. I would walk through the hallways of that damn high school without a single person even noticing I was there. I felt like a no body. I knew that it was hard to be popular, but I found it hard to believe that I couldn't even make just one friend. I was so alone in this school, I never said a word to anyone and they never said a word to me. I pretty much just went through my day without talking. It was pretty sad, but I was too shy to talk to anyone. Besides, this was the life I was use to.
  As time went on, I felt even more nonexistent. I couldn't believe that not one single person would talk to me, not even the sweet girls or the friendly guys who talk to anyone. I felt so depressed and it honestly hurt that not a single person talked to me.
  This was the life I had adapted to, but I couldn't help but want at least one friend. I was sick of sitting through each of my classes and waiting for the slow and painful day to end. I decided that it was time for me to make a friend, even if I was shy.
  I approached a group of boys that were around my age. It was time to make new friends.
  "Um, hello," I said nervously to the group. I felt like I was sweating bullets.
  None of the boys said a single word, they didn't even look at me. They just continued to talk and laugh amongst each other.
  "I was just wondering if any of you would like to hang out sometime or something..." I said shyly.
  Nothing. Not a single word. None of them even looked at me.
  I went home sobbing that night. It seemed like I didn't even exist. Everyone just ignored me. I didn't understand why everyone hated me so much.
  I was so full of rage and sadness, I just couldn't think straight. With out thinking twice, I grabbed a knife and hid it under my bed. I didn't sleep at all that night as I nervously waited for the next day of school.
  My hands were shaking as I entered the school that next morning. I was about to do the unthinkable. I knew that if I did this then people could no longer ignore me.
  I approached the group of boys who ignored me so rudely the day before. I slowly reveled the knife that was in my pocket. I stood there for a moment, just holding the knife in my hand. I was surprised that no one had noticed the weapon in my hand, I guess they were really that oblivious.
  I look a deep breath, and quickly swung the knife at one of the boys. I stood in confusion when I realized nothing had happened. The boys continued to talk. It all made sense to me. I really didn't exist....