Christmas eve

It was late one Christmas Eve when a little boy heard something downstairs. He opened his eyes and tiptoed out of this bed quietly, hoping to get a glimpse of Santa. He walked slowly, making sure that he was as quiet as could be. Once he made it to the stairs, he careful went down the first couple, before he turned his head hoping to see Santa.
  He could hear the footsteps stomping through the house. He was tempted to go down and see Santa, but he didn't want to get on the naughty list last minute. He was satisfied that he heard Santa and saw his shadow, so he rushed up back to bed and went back to sleep.
   The next morning, he hoped out of bed and rushed to his parents' room. He knocked on the door for them to wake up, but they didn't respond. Usually his parents would be out of bed by 7 and let him open his presents, but they were still sound asleep. He continued knocking on the door but there was no response. Growing impatient, he opened the door.
  He boy froze at the sight of his parents. Blood stained the bed and dripped onto the floor. His parents' both had multiple stab wounds that were deep within their skin. The boy ran down the stairs sobbing uncontrollably. The tears blurred his vision, causing him to trip over the last two steps. Once he lifted his head, he saw that multiple things were knocked over or gone. 
  Not knowing what to do, the boy ran out of the house, crying and screaming. His neighbors heard his cries, and came running to him. He was crying so badly they could barley understand what he was saying. They attempted to calm him down with Christmas cookies, but it only helped a little. They were somehow able to make out what he was saying, and called the police.
  That Christmas was torn apart for that boy. His parents were murdered and his house was robbed. The neighbors bought him a few gifts, but nothing could take away the images he saw that day.