The swing

There was once a young girl playing innocently on the swings in the park. She giggled as she went up and down each time. She'd run to the park excitedly everyday after school before going home. Her day was incomplete without some fun of the swings. Everyday she'd try to go higher and higher before jumping off. It made her feel brave.
  One day after school she ran straight to the park as she always did. The first thing she focused on were the swings. That day no other children were at the park, but she didn't mind. It just meant that no one else would be bugging her for a turn.
  She excitedly hopped onto the swing and began swinging her legs. She started out barley moving but got higher and higher. The wind blew against her hair with each swing of her legs. It felt cool against her skin as her hands continued to grasp onto the swing. She wanted to swing as high as she possibly could to see how far she could go. No kids would get in her way. Maybe she'd even feel like she's flying for a few moments. These thoughts made her pick up her speed.
  Only a few more tucks and kicks brought her as high as the swing could bring her. She braced herself as she waited for the perfect time to jump. She went back and forth only a few more times before she loosened her grip, sending her flying until the air. The moment she let go, the sleeve of her shirt stuck to the swing, sending her crashing down. She landed hard on the ground with a loud thud, along with a crack. The force instantly broke her neck, killing her.
  It was nighttime when her body was finally discovered by a couple walking their dog. They informed the police, letting the worried parents know what their daughter's fait was.
  Friends and family grieved over the little girl. Some wanted the park torn  down, and others wanted to keep it up as a reminder. Either way, no one could forget what happened at that park.
  It remained there for a while afterwards. Parents warned their children not to go to the park. Of course, there were children who didn't listen and wanted to be adventurous and make dares with their friends.
  Late at night, children would sneak into the park. Rumors started that her ghost haunted the park. Many even claimed to see the swing go back and forth on its own.
  One group of children snuck there during a sleep over. They all giggled as they got closer. The only light was the moon in the sky. It was like a creepy adventure. They wanted to tell everyone at school how brave they were.
  Once they arrived, they started nervously at the empty park. The night was silent. None of them actually wanted to do this, but they all felt pressured by each other.
  The silence was broken by the creaking of the swing going back and forth. The children sat there watching. They wanted to run, but none of them did, so they didn't want to wimp out and have one of the others look at them as being a baby. Although, they were all actually terrified.
  The swing continued to swing higher in the air. There was no wind. Nothing. It moved faster and higher with each swing. It went as high as the swing could go. The children were now completely frozen in fear. Nothing was on the swing yet it moved so violently.
  Suddenly the swing looked as if something jumped off, sending the now visible ghost of the girl into them. She smiled as she was flung into the kids.