Black heart

I had just moved into a new home. It was an old, small house that had a beautiful rose garden. My husband had died just a couple of months ago. I couldn't stand living in that house anymore. I just had to get a change of scenery.
  The first night that I slept in the house I heard a few strange noises, but I figured it was just me being paranoid. It felt so strange not having someone to cuddle with when I was scared.
   I was confused when I woke up to find a black puddle on the floor. It appeared to be leaking from underneath the bed. I was scared and confused, but I was also curious. I slowly got off my bed and peeked my head under neath. My eyes widened when I saw what looked like a heart. A human heart. But the only thing is that it was black. Pure black just like coal.
  The black puddle must have been blood. I didn't even know how to react. I was overwhelmed with fear. My body was paralyzed. I suddenly felt something tap on my shoulder, making me jump.
  "Woah, are you alright?" Asked Ann, my new neighbor. I had gone out to dinner with her the night before to get to know her. I was relieved that it was her.
  "Yeah...I'm fine," I sighed, before taking a deep breath. "You just scared me,"
  "I'd say, you look like you've just seen a ghost,"
  "I'm just freaked out right now....why is there a heart under my bed. Was someone killed here?" I asked her.
  She raised an eyebrow at me with a confused expression.
  "What on earth are you talking about?"
  "What am I talking about? Look at the blo-" I froze once I realized that the black blood was gone. I looked under the bed. The heart was gone as well.
  "Are you okay, honey?" She asked, concerned.
  "I'm sorry...this is just a new place and I'm still really messed up about my husband's death. I must be seeing things," I sighed.
  "I totally understand. If you ever need anything just talk to me, okay?" Ann said, pulling me in for a hug.
  "Of course. Thanks a lot, Ann,"
  We both scared a cup of coffee and talked before he headed back home. It was nice having a new friend. I really needed to forget all of my stress.
  The image of the black heart seemed so real, I couldn't believe it wasn't real. I tried my best to just forget about it, but it was such a chilling sight. I spent the rest of my day just cleaning around the house. There were a couple black spots on the walls and floors, but I tried not to think about that either. I knew I was being paranoid. I convinced myself that it was just some kind of dirt or something. It was an old house after all.
  That night I still heard the noises, but it wasn't as loud. I was able to fall asleep a lot easier. I actually got a good nights rest that night. I was hoping that I would get more comfortable in the house.
  I woke up feeling a strange wet and warm sensation on my stomach. I screamed and jumped off the bed once I realized that the heart was on my stomach, covering me in its dark blood.
I didn't know what to do, so I ran to the shower and washed off all of the blood. I watched as the black blood went down the drain of the tub.
  The blood and the heart were definitely real. This time I felt them with my own hands, instead of just seeing it. I didn't know who to tell or what to do. I had never heard of anything like this happening before. I wanted to tell Ann, but I didn't want her thinking that I was crazy. I didn't want to lose my new friend.
  I decided not to tell anyone. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea, I was just overwhelmed with fear. I drove out to the woods and threw it as far as I could. I had no idea what to do in this situation, then again, no one would know exactly what to do.
  I tried sleeping in the house for one more night. It would be its last chance, other wise I'd just move in with a friend or with my parents or something. I was just relived that I had gotten rid of the heart.
  I woke up the next morning, looking around my room to see if there was any sight of anything strange. I was relieved when I didn't see anything. I rubbed my eyes, and then head to the bathroom.
  However, once I entered the bathroom, the sink was filled with black blood and surly enough the heart was there too. I froze, paralyzed in fear. Once I finally had the strength to approach it, I saw a black figure's reflection in the mirror. I screamed and turned around, but nothing was there. I looked back at the mirror and the figure was still there.
  I'm guessing the heart belonged to the figure or something. I don't really know and I don't want to know. As you could probably guess, I moved out right away. However, as I was running out of the house, I realized that the beautiful rose garden that surrounded the house was now surrounded did black roses, instead of the pretty red roses that were there before. I didn't even know how to explain what happened so I kept it to myself until now. I wonder if anyone will believe me.