Santa's lap

It was nearly Christmas, so of course when my daughter saw Santa sitting on his throne in a mall, she had to go sit on his lap to tell him what she wanted to christmas this year. Everything was pretty hectic with the Christmas shopping, but of course I agreed. I wouldn't be a good mother if I didn't let my daughter sit on santa's lap.
  We were at the mall very early so I could just get my shopping done, so we were first in line, waiting for "Santa's workshop" to open. A line began to form behind us, and I had to admit that it felt nice to be the first ones in line for once. I knew that these things always packed the mall and the lines to sit on santa's lap were always ridiculous. I was happy that my daughter would be able to tell Santa her wish without wasting too much shopping time.
  Nearby I saw a man dressed as an elf. It didn't matter to me much, but I asked him when Santa would begin. He smiled at me and said; "It should only be about five minutes, Santa is just finishing up fixing his beard,"
  My daughter giggled and looked up to me with a smile. I thanked the elf as I continued to wait. This was even better. Not only was I first in line, but it would only be about five minutes until my daughter got to sit on his lap. I was pleased with my luck.
  After five minutes the elves opened a small gate in front of santa's seat and welcomed my daughter in as the first Christmas wish of the day. She smiled and ran up to him in excitement. I took out my phone and was ready to take photos.
  Santa smiled at my daughter and let out his classic laugh as she hopped excitedly onto his lap. Everything appeared normal. He asked her if she had been a good girl, asked if she'd leave out cookies the night before Christmas, then of course asked what she wanted for Christmas. At that point, she shouted that she wanted a hot pink bike. He chuckled again and told her that if she continued being good this year, then he'd bring her the bike on Christmas. The elves then took a photo, and I did as well. At that moment I expected my daughter to come running back to me and we could begin shopping but then Santa said one more thing.
  "Before you go home, Santa has one more gift for you! Just come into Santa's work shop for a quick minute then I'll send you on your way!"
  My daughter was of course excited by this, but I felt like it was sort of odd. I just thought that maybe he gave each kid a small stuffed animal or chocolate. So my daughter walked into a small door on the display that was labeled "Santa's workshop".
  I waited for a few minutes and I began to grow worried when neither Santa or my daughter came out. Even the elves and other parents looked around confused. Eventually, one of the elves entered the small room to check what was going on. Immediate panic broke out as he shouted, "They're gone! They're both gone!"
  My blood began to boil as I screamed, asking where my baby was. She was taken by some random mall Santa, and no one had any idea where they had gone. Tears streamed down my face as the elves began to irrationally search the mall. I dropped to my knees and continued to pleading for my daughter.
  The entire mall was searched, yet there was no sign of the man dressed as Santa or my daughter. It has been three  years since my daughter was taken, and now I sit alone on Christmas Eve waiting for my daughter to return. I even have her gifts under the tree, including a hot pink bike.