Through these eyes

I've seen a lot with these eyes. I use to have a happy life with my most favorite person in the world. She was the sweetest woman that I've ever known and she loved me. Every night we would snuggle on the couch and sometimes she would rub my back. I never thought I would loose her so fast.
  One day I was just sitting on the couch and relaxing when someone broke into our home. It was a man in all dark clothing and he was holding a knife. Before I knew it, I watched someone close to me be murdered right before my eyes. The murderer knew that I was watching, but he didn't seem to care. He thought that I was weak and that wouldn't fight back and he was right. I was in so much fear I just couldn't think straight. I felt helpless.
  The murderer patted my head, making me growl before he left our house, leaving my close friend dead on the floor. I couldn't believe that the most important woman in the world to me just got murdered right in front of me.
  Everyone thought that I didn't have feelings and I didn't know what was going on around me. I may be a dog, but I still know what it's like to feel pain and sorrow and to miss someone you love. Every night, I still feel like my owner is still gently petting my fur.