Family

You would think you could trust your family. They're usually the ones you go to for comfort, to feel safe. It would be pretty hard to imagine that they would hurt you. You can go ahead and deny it, but it won't prevent it.
  I was sleeping in my bedroom in my home with my family. My protectors. I was sound asleep when I began to hear strange noises. It sounded like bashing on a table, except it didn't sound like it was hitting a hard table. It sounded more like if someone would punch you in the chest pretty hard. It was definitely a very strange sound, but I was still half asleep so I wouldn't bother getting up. I kept my eyes shut until the noises got louder.
  It jolted me awake so I decided to get out of bed. My mother and father, and even my brother were in this house. It made me feel more secure. I slowly tiptoed out of my room and headed over to my parent's room. I slowly opened the door and whispered; "Mom? Dad? Are you awake?"
  I heard nothing so I walked into the room and pulled up the covers. They weren't there. Not only that, but the sounds continued. My feeling of security was now yanked away from me. It felt more like it was just me against possible death. I knew this sounded over dramatic, but my parents weren't in bed in the middle of the night and there were strange noises. Who wouldn't be scared?
  I look a deep breath and left the room. I didn't exactly know what to do. I was alone. The only one who could protect me was myself. I slowly made my way to my bedroom and grabbed my old baseball bat. I griped it tightly. I didn't know if I would need it or not but I knew I had to keep myself safe. Just in case.
  I listened closely to the sound and began following it, the baseball bat tightly in my hands. I focused on just one foot in front of the other without making a sound. I continued following the noise until I made it to my brother's bedroom door. I took a deep breath as my hands began to shake. My grip was still firm, but I felt less determined. I grabbed the door knob and opened the door only slightly. I peeked my eyes through the crack and saw the ending of my trust and the end of me feeling safe.
  My brother was being beaten by hammers. He was already dead. His body was completely disfigured from all of the beatings, however, it continued. I held back my tears as I watched my mother and father beating their own son with hammers. I thought that my family were the ones to keep me safe, but if I wouldn't have escaped, I would be just like my brother. Endangered by my own parents.