Chapter 19

This time I hadn't dreamed of any kind of disaster, thankfully. I saw again the man by the lake. The scene was exactly the same as the one I had first seen. I was lost in the woods, looking for a way that would lead me to the rood. Instead, I came across a beautiful lake. The landscape was magnificent and you could stand and watch it for hours. Yet, a dark figure caught my attention. It was the same man; I was 100% sure about it. He was in a black suit, staring at the lake. I started approaching him like the other time and just like the other when he realized I was there he backed away.

"Why are you always leaving?" I asked him after shouting at him not to leave.

Then out of the blue, he turned around and stood so near me, like he had never stood before. I still couldn't see his face.

"I have to." He just replied in his amazing soft voice and suddenly disappeared.

I woke up more confused than ever. Sitting on my bed, I couldn't stop thinking of his soft voice that sounded so perfect... I was wondering how it would feel to be touched by that man... Suddenly, I realized the foolishness of my thoughts and quickly pushed them away. It was just a guy in my dreams, he wasn't real! But, I had to admit to myself, I wanted so badly to be real... I sighed, snapping out of my thoughts and getting off my bed. I put some clothes on and headed downstairs.

Reaching downstairs, I saw my Granny already awake, talking with Alexa

"Good morning!" I greeted them with a smile.

"Good morning!" They greeted me back.

"So, Cassandra, what would you like for breakfast?"

"Eh, whatever you have..." She laughed.

"Well, I'm suggesting you homemade bread, with peach marmalade and some freshly squeezed orange juice from the oranges in our garden. What do you say?"

"I say it sounds great!" She smiled.

"Your breakfast will be ready within a few minutes."

I sat around the table, by my Granny.

"How was your sleep, honey?"

"Surprisingly, good." I replied, trying not to remember what exactly I had dreamed of.

"I'm happy to hear it." I cracked a smile.

Soon, my breakfast was ready and I ate it with great pleasure. It was amazing. Never before in my life had I tasted such a healthy, yet delicious breakfast. After finishing, my Granny, suggested going for a walk.

We were walking by the road and my Granny was a bit tensed. I sensed she wanted to tell me something, but I had no idea what it was related with. Eventually, she started talking.

"Look, honey, there are some things I have to tell you about. Things that have contributed to my decision of leaving Mystic Falls."

"Ok, Granny, I'm all ears."