Chapter 117

"Finally, a familiar face!" Hayley exclaimed when I entered the house. I just looked at her not saying anything. "You are in a good mood I see. At least, you do not look like you are going to collapse at any moment." Still I didn't say anything. Instead, I moved to the living room and sat on a couch, putting my legs on the small wooden table in front of me. "You are not in the mood for talking, I get it. But, I don't understand. All these because of Elijah?"

"What do you want to know?" I snapped, forgetting that I was talking to a pregnant woman. She didn't seem to mind though. A small smile appeared on her face and her eyes lit up.

"I sense that you and Elijah have a past. I want to know about it." She was a smart girl.

"You want to be entertained? Here is a tip. Watch TV!" I replied abruptly standing up from the couch.

"I bet this is more interesting than any soap opera." She said standing up as well. I scoffed. 

Great! Now my life has become worse than a soap opera!

"Come on! I'm going to be part of this family. I should know what's going on..." She urged me.

"I'm not part of the family." I replied in the same tone, starting walking away.

"Really? Because it seemed to me like-"

"Ok! We were together. We broke up. End of story!"

"Why did you break up?" The girl had a nerve.

"Ask him. I'm curious what his answer will be."

These were my last words. For the rest of the day, I tried to ignore Hayley and her questions.

"Another party?" I asked seeing Rebekah in a black long dress and Klaus in a suit, a few hours later.

"Yes, we are attending Marcel's fundraising." Klaus explained.

"Can I come?" Hayley said coming from the kitchen. I turned and looked at her angrily. "I was joking." She said immediately raising her hands in defense. I rolled my eyes.

"We will be gone for quite a while, so both of you be careful." Klaus instructed.

"Do your job Klaus and let me do mine." I replied sharply. He laughed.

"I trust that you will." He said before leaving the mansion along with Rebekah.

"So we are alone again." Hayley said trying to lighten the mood. A small smile formed on my face.

"You'll get used to it Hayley. Until, you give birth, of course."

"And then you will leave?" She said almost immediately.

"Then you will have the best company in the world. Your child." She lowered her head. Obviously, she didn't expect such an answer.

"I know you'll get mad, but I can't help to ask. You should be in college right now, you should be with your friends. And yet, you are with me, along with a family of vampires protecting a miracle baby. What do your parents say about this? Or do you lie to them?" I looked at her, hesitant for a moment. Well, there was no harm in talking to her about my family.

"They are dead." I replied looking anywhere but her.

"I'm sorry." She sounded like she really was. "When did it happen, if I may ask?"

"The day I was born." I think I heard her gasping.

"I was adopted. My adoptive parents kicked me out when I turned. I have been looking for my birth parents since then. That's why I was here. I wish I had never stepped foot in this town." I laughed.

"You should wish you had never stepped foot anywhere near Klaus."

"You have a point there." She replied smiling too.

The rest of the night we were sitting outside by the pool. As we were talking about harmless subjects – fortunately, she didn't mention Elijah again – I noticed something staring at us. I looked closely and I realized it was someone. A werewolf in particular, as I could tell from the big golden eyes.

"You know it's drawn to you." A voice said from behind us. I immediately stood up alerted. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Sabine, a friend of Sophie's." I remembered her. She was a witch. I didn't see an immediate threat, but there was something odd about this woman. Something didn't fit right. In the mean time, Hayley had stood up as well. "The child you're caring, part vampire, part werewolf. You and Klaus made something special." She said turning to Hayley. I just sat down again and let them talk. Hayley scoffed.

"You sound like Elijah." My body immediately reacted to the sound of his name. Why did this kept happening to me? "He thinks this baby is going to make us a big happy family, but now he is gone and I don't even know what... it... is." She hesitated at the end.

"You know I can do something about that, if you want. You know find out if it is a boy or a girl." Sabine offered.

"I thought you were banned from using magic around here." I said speaking up for the first time.

"It's not magic... Just an old trick my grandmother taught me." She explained. Hayley turned to look at me.

"What? You are asking for permission? It's your choice. I don't think it could do any harm." She smiled and nodded to Sabine who led her inside. I followed them, just in case anything happened.

Sabine instructed Hayley to lie on top of the kitchen counter. I stood in the corner of the room waiting for them to start. The witch took out a necklace or a talisman, whatever it was anyway and started making circle around Hayley's belly.

"I think it's a girl." I smiled at the thought of Klaus having a daughter. "No wait." Sabine suddenly said.

"Wait what? Please, don't tell me I'm having a mini Klaus." Hayley said anxious.

Sabine gasped and dropped the talisman and started chanting. It wasn't a spell, I was sure about that. But, I sensed it was something bad. I rushed to Hayley and helped her get down from the counter. I led her far away from the witch, putting my body in front of her as a shield. It was so weird seeing Sabine chanting like that. I had no idea what she was saying, but there was one thing I knew for sure.

It wasn't good at all.

Author's Note: Guys, I'm so ssorry for the delay!!! I've just returned from my parent's home and I had a lot of work to do. I know, it's just a crappy filler, but... That's all I've got. Love you all!!!