#Bonus Chapter - Part 6

As much as I enjoyed Elijah's company, it could not be compared to my son's. So, that evening I asked from Rebekah to bring Hector to his new home. I tried to contain her commentary about last night, but who was I to contain Rebekah? Many have tried in the past before me and failed miserably. As I held my son in my arms again, I felt the happiest person in the world. He had grown so quickly. It seemed like yesterday that I gave birth to him. I couldn't help but wonder if my mother felt the same the one and only time she held me in her arms. All these thoughts brought tears in my eyes, even if I didn't want to. It was time to put Hector to sleep, when Elijah found me.

"My love, are you ok?" He asked concerned.

"It's just that... Now I know how hard it must have been for my mother to live and know that she would only see her child once. I cannot even imagine my life without him..." I said not taking my eyes of my son, who looked at me with his big brown eyes from his cradle.

"Hey, shhh..." He said wrapping his arms around me. He held me tightly and kissed my forehead, trying to calm me down. "Everything will be ok. I promise. No one will take Hector from you." I leaned my head on his chest and left the comfort of his embrace, calm me down. After a few minutes, I was ok.

"Thank you." I whispered against his chest.

"That's why marriage is for, right?" He replied, stroking my hair. "How about you go take a bath and I'll put Hector to sleep?"

I nodded in appreciation and exited the room, after giving a kiss to my son. I didn't want him to see me like this. It wasn't right. The warm water helped me calm my nerves and relax. After I don't know how long, I got out of the bath tab, feeling revitalised. I walked in the bedroom, only to find Elijah lying on the bed and reading a book.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked, noticing my presence, leaving his book aside for a moment.

"Yes. I really needed that bath. How is our little prince?" I asked going to stand by Hector's cradle.

"Asleep as you can see." I smiled at the adorable sight I had in front of me. "Lie next to me." Elijah said patting my side of the bed. I slowly made my way there and sat on the soft mattress. His arms instantly found their way around my shoulders, as I placed my head in the crook of his neck.

"I will never let anyone hurt you or Hector. I will fight to the death so that you both can be safe and happy. I know you have been through a lot in your life. Some of the pain you had to endure was even my doing. But, know this. I will never allow anyone to take our son away from us. I will never allow anyone to steal away our happiness. I won't allow anyone to bring you that kind of pain. Do you understand, my love?"

"I understand that I'm married to the best husband I could ask for."

"I doubt that." He replied lowering his head.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because there was a time that I treated you less than you deserved. I will never forgive myself for that." He said looking somewhere in the distance, either reminiscing the past or avoiding to look at me straight in the eye out of shame.

"We've been through this over and over again. Everything belongs to the past. You are not the only one that has made mistakes. I've done plenty of them myself. So, don't blame yourself for what happened. It was not entirely your fault."

"Still, I will never forgive myself for the way I treated you, for the pain I caused you, for turning to look another woman, while you were right there in front of my eyes. I cannot believe how foolish I was." I sighed shaking my head.