Chapter 23

Today was the Annual Carnival

Today was the Annual Carnival. And as Caroline wasn't able to help at the preparations or just observing as she usually does, I decided to go help Elena and Bonnie to make everything perfect, according to Caroline. Or she would kill them. Tired as I was from the yesterday cleaning (I decided it was high time to clean the house a bit), I wasn't very fond of doing anything actually, but I had to help my friends.

Arriving at the Carnival, everything was so...Caroline style, in my book. After a lot of the wandering I located Elena and Bonnie.

"Have you talked to Damon after he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?"

"No, I haven't. And I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else is vampire related. Ok?" I heard them while I was approaching.

"What?" They both turned around to face me. Elena was more surprised than ever.

"Cassie, you came back!" She exclaimed hugging me.

"Yes, I did." I replied with a smile.

"What happened? Is your grandmother here too?"

"Nothing special happened, actually. I just didn't want to sit and watch, not doing anything to help my friends and the situation here. And, no, my Granny is not here. I wanted here to be safe. And to be honest Mystic Falls isn't the safest place anymore."

"Yeah, you're probably right." Elena pointed.

"So, what did I hear? Damon killed Jeremy?"

"Cassie, I don't want to talk about it..."

"Please tell me. And I promise I won't refer it again."

"Ok..." She replied sighing.

"Well, Damon came yesterday to my place and he was drunk. And upset, very bad combination, in my opinion. He tried to kiss me, but I didn't want him to do so. I told him I cared about him, but I loved Stefan. Then, he got angry and snapped Jeremy's neck. Luckily, he was wearing a ring that has the ability to bring back to life the one wearing it. That's it."

"What an asshole. I knew he was a big troublemaker. But, I'll stop talking about it." I said smiling with Elena and Bonnie returning the smile.

"I'm so happy, you're here." Elena said hugging me again, along with Bonnie.

"Cassie, can you put these prizes over there?" Elena asked me.

"Yeah, sure, we have to make everything seem perfect, or Caroline will kill us." I teased.

"I can't understand how she does that. It's inhuman." Bonnie teased too.

"Well, probably, she is not human." Elena said and they laughed. But, not me.

"I have to do something else. Bonnie, can you take care of that side?" Elena asked Bonnie.

"Ok, see you later Cassie."