Chapter 47

The next day, I was in a bad mood

The next day, I was in a bad mood. I wanted to hide behind a corner and cry. That's how awful I felt. But, I had to go to school anyways, if I wanted to graduate earlier. So, I tried to hide behind my glasses and under my cap. Roaming around the hallways, I came across something, I didn't expect to see never in my life. Like ever... Jeremy and Bonnie were kissing. My mouth was hanging open from the surprise.

"Oh." I mumbled which made them stop kissing and look at me, almost as surprised as me.

"Cassie?" Bonnie was the first to speak.

"I thought I had seen everything, but obviously I was wrong."

"Please, could you say nothing to Elena?" Bonnie pleaded with me.

"It's not my business. I won't say a thing." I said looking at both of them. "Nice to see you two together." I added in the end turning around to leave.

"Cassie, wait I'm coming!" Bonnie shouted behind me and I stopped to wait for her. She gave one last kiss to Jeremy and then she came by my side."What's wrong with you?" She asked me.

"What's wrong with me?" I said pretending not to understand to what she was referring to.

"Well, you don't seem to be ok. And you wear a cap and black sunglasses, which is not good either. So, what's going on?" I smirked a bit. How well did she know me!

"Tonight at Elena's place, everything will be revealed." I said enigmatically and got into my class.

Later that evening...

"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked.

"Like you have to ask!" Elena replied.

"I will get it." She murmured.

"Start talking." Bonnie said pointing me.

"Excuse me?"

"You said that tonight at Elena's place, everything would be revealed. So, start talking."

"Yeah, you have been acting strangely all day. What's going on?" I glanced at Elena for a moment who was staring at me, saying nothing.

"Does she know?" Caroline exclaimed noticing.

"Not exactly."

"That's why I want to know what's happening too." Elena added sitting beside me. I sighed.

"Ok, I'll explain-"

"Finally!" Caroline cut me off.

"But first, I want no interruptions by stupid comments and reactions until I finish. Am I clear?" I said, remembering for a moment that this was Elijah last phrase before entering the Damon's house.

"Yeah." They replied in unison.

"So, it's a bit strange and I would like you to hear the story till the end before coming to a conclusion." I looked at them for a bit and they nodded for me to continue.