Chapter 77

"Sorry about my outburst this morning. I really want to help you. Come over to help you decide whether my brother is worth of a second chance or not. Rebekah"

The first thing I thought after I read Rebekah's message was how she got my phone number. But then again, it's Rebekah. I decided to go to the Salvatores' house and see what she would tell me. When I arrived Elena was already there and six other girls wearing homecoming dresses. I guessed they were compelled.

"What did I miss?" I asked.

"Nothing. Elena chose the red dress. What do you think?"

"What do you mean?" I said confused.

"I need a homecoming dress. Elena picked the red one. What's your opinion? Now I think of it, you can choose one for you too." She replied.

"Firstly, the red dress is probably a good choice, but don't wear the earrings, they don't suit you. And secondly, I'm not coming to the homecoming, so I won't need a dress, but thank you for your offering."

"Too bad. I think the green one would be perfect for you. But, anyways. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"Very sure."

"Too bad. Leave now, remember nothing." She ordered the girls and they did as they were told.

"May I ask, why are we here?"

"Your friend Elena over here wants to know why I don't want to wake up Mikael. And by the way, you will learn what I allow you to learn. Is that clear?" She said turning to Elena. It was me or did she sound threatening? I decided to drop it. It was not important right now. Plus, Rebekah wouldn't hurt Elena at my presence.

"Come on." She said gesturing to follow her.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Stefan's room." I had never been in Stefan's room. No, I had been! But, I was drunk and exhausted by a vision, so I couldn't take in the surroundings. "How fun is this?" Rebekah said opening the door and started searching in some drawers.

"We shouldn't be here." Elena said, probably feeling uncomfortable.

"Of course we should." Rebekah argued.

"Come on, like you never wanted to snoop." She said taking out... Was that boxer shorts? "Boxer shorts." She announced. I giggled. Elena turned to me giving me a 'what the hell' look. I shrugged. "Great change from the 20's."

"Are you going to search through Stefan's stuff all night or are you going to tell me your story?" Elena complained.

"You really are no fun." Rebekah sighed. "What do you want to know?" She continued.

"Well, Elijah said your father was a land owner in Europe. How did you guys end up here?" I sat on Stefan's bed comfortably, waiting for Rebekah to start telling the story of the Original family.

"My parents had just started a family when the plague stroke the homeland. They lost a child to it. They wanted to escape and protect their future family from the same fate."

"So how did you end up here? This part of the world hadn't been even discovered yet." Elena asked.

"Not by anyone in your history books. My mother new the witch Ayana who heard from the spirits of a mystical land where everyone was healthy. Blessed by the gifts of speed and strength. That led my family here, where we lived among these people."

"The werewolves?" Elena asked in disbelief. I remained silent during her relation.

"To us they were just our neighbours. My family lived in peace with them for over twenty years, during which time my family had more children. Including me."