Chapter 22

Cassie's P.O.V.

I stopped by my house, which was definitely in need of cleaning, and changed my outfit to go to the Lockwood mansion. Although, I didn't particularly like Mr. Lockwood, I really liked his wife, Carol, even if she was exaggerating about some particular things. She was a kind-hearted woman and I could imagine in what psychological state she was right now.

 She was a kind-hearted woman and I could imagine in what psychological state she was right now

There were a lot of people inside and outside the mansion. It still made me feel awe watching this great building. I stepped inside and saw Ms. Lockwood talking to a very hot guy. Shut up, Cassie! You are in a funeral, remember? I waited for them to end their conversation and looked around. Then, I saw someone I didn't expect to see especially here. Damon Salvatore. Damn it! What was he doing here anyways? I started wandering around, trying to avoid him as much as I could.

Once, they had finished their talking, I approached Ms. Lockwood.

"Hey, Ms. Lockwood, I'm really sorry for your loss."

"Thank you Cassie." She replied hugging me.

"When did you come back? I heard you were out of town. Is your grandmother ok?"

"Yeah, she is fine. I arrived this morning. I want to transmit her condolences."

"She didn't come back too?"

"No, I wanted her to stay to some relatives of ours. I thought it would be best for her. It's just me."

She gave me a look, like she was trying to decide whether I knew or not. I didn't want to tell her though, because that would put me automatically in the council.

"Well, Cassie, if you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to come to me."

"Thank you Ms. Lockwood." She smiled at me and left to talk with some other people.

Tyler's P.O.V.

I was spending my day receiving condolences from people who didn't even care for my father's loss. Fake sad looks, fake sympathizing attitudes, everyone was fake here. I hated to be surrounded by hypocrites and liars. I was so lost in my own thoughts and aversion for all these people that I didn't notice Uncle Mason, approaching me.

"Tyler?"

"What's Uncle Mason?"

"Do you know that girl over there, with the red hair?" I paid attention at whom he was pointing and I stared in astonishment when I realized who she was.

"What? Did the cat eat your tongue?" Uncle Mason teased.

"No, I just didn't expect her to be here."

"So, you know her?"

"Yes, she is from my school. Her name is Cassie Gold."

"And why were you surprised to see her here?"