Chapter 70

"Bonnie!!!" I exclaimed hugging my friend tightly

"Bonnie!!!" I exclaimed hugging my friend tightly. "Welcome back!" I continued.

"Nice to see you too, Cassie."

I was at Elena's house all morning observing her making chilly. Unfortunately, I had to put up with Damon who was there worried that Elena would break down, since Stefan made it pretty clear to her that he didn't want to come back. Bonnie was now hugging Elena.

"I missed you, guys!" She said leaving her.

"We missed you too." I replied.

"I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for both of you..." She said looking at Elena and Caroline.
"But, I don't know anything about you, except that you spent the summer with Alexander..."

"Yes, something is going on with you since you came back. I want to know everything!" Caroline demanded. I looked at them for a while without answering.

"I wanted all of you to be here to tell you some things about me."

"So?" Caroline insisted.

I opened my mouth to speak, but that was the moment when Jeremy showed up. Bonnie ran straight into his arms, her face shining from happiness. Would I ever be that happy?

"What is this face of yours?" Caroline asked me noticing.

"Nothing." I replied quickly, going to the kitchen.

"I have something to do, but I promise I will finish it quickly." Jeremy said leaving Bonnie after giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"The problem with my dad's normal side of the family, is that normal made me really bored over the summer." Bonnie said taking a sit next to me.

"After the last few days, I would kill for a normal family." I didn't take part in their conversation which drew their attention.

"Ok, time to talk." Caroline said leaving the pot she was holding on the table.

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to." Elena pointed out.

"Yes, she does." Caroline insisted.

"No, it's fine. As I said, I wanted to talk to all of you." I took a deep breath. "As you know I spent the summer with Alexander. He was training me in order to be able to defend myself from vampires. According to him, my progress was very rapid, especially thinking I had never had any kind of martial arts lessons before. He said I had a natural. I guess he was right."

"What are you talking about?" Elena asked.

"When I heard him saying this, something clicked to me. And made me think again some things I have been wondering about my entire life."

"Which are?" Caroline intervened.

"From a little girl I had the sense that my father hadn't abandoned me by killing himself. Later growing up, I believed this was an illusion, a creation of my mind trying to escape from the truth. It turned out I was right. My father didn't commit suicide. He was murdered."