Chapter 133

I was staring along with every vampire in the compound at the floor, where something very odd was delivered to us this morning. Diego had called to inform Klaus.

"Either our witch problem is over or it's just getting started." He said to him and I couldn't agree more. As soon as Klaus, Elijah and Marcel arrived, everyone except me, vanished.

"Can I get you anything, brother?" Klaus said to Elijah mockingly, while he was examining the dead body of Papa – Tunde, the crazy, powerful witch that had spread the terror in the vampire community of the French Quarter. "A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" He continued with a large smile on his face. I rolled my eyes. Typical Klaus, laughing and joking in moments of crisis.

"Do you have a theory you would like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah responded much more serious than his younger brother.

"Back in the day, when the witches wanted to send you a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel said.

"It's quite a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah replied.

"Where were you this morning?" I asked suddenly realizing that I hadn't seen Klaus at all this morning. He flashed me an innocent smile.

"I was at the church with Marcel." That took me by surprise.

"You were at the church?" I asked in disbelief.

"Marcel, please confirm my words. Cassandra has a hard time believing me."

"Do you blame me?" He smiled.

"Not really."

"Shall we focus on more important matters than Niklaus's surprising visit to the church?" Elijah interrupted us.

"Papa –Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, the two of us as well." Klaus said pointing at Marcel and himself. "If he was supposed to be their best fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?"

A few moments later, Rebekah stepped in and informed us about Monique Deveraux being resurrected. While the others started analyzing the issue, Hayley made an appearance, showing the pictures of Celeste, depicting her as the witch that had taken Davina's place.

"Davina was trying to tell us. She was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming." Hayley said and no one could argue with what she was saying.

"You are oddly quiet." Klaus pointed out, looking at me. I lifted my head and looked away from Papa – Tunde's dead body, looking at Klaus.

"I have nothing to say that I haven't already said." I replied looking away again.

"You are quite pale this morning. Everything ok?" He continued not perceiving that I was in no mood for chatting.

"If you are asking if I'm going to have a vision, then the answer is no." Silence fell in the room again.

"First, Papa –Tunde returns to settle old scores. Now, your murdered lover is back." Klaus said to his brother. "This isn't witches attacking vampires. They are declaring war on us." He concluded.

I turned my back to them and moved to the stairs. "Where are you going?" Klaus asked.

"My room." I replied simply, continuing ascending the stairs.

"Don't you have anything else to say?" I stopped abruptly and turned to look at him.

"What do you want to know, Klaus?" I shouted.