Chapter 108

Venus's P.O.V.

"Cassandra?" I shouted. "Cassandra?" I shouted again, searching the room. It was pointless. There was no sign of her. I rushed downstairs to the lobby. "Excuse me, did you see a redheaded girl, leaving the motel?" I asked not giving time to the assistant to greet me.

"Yes, she left about an hour ago." He said reluctantly. "Is something wrong?" He asked again seeing my worried expression.

"No, no." I rushed to answer. "I just returned and didn't find her. There is no problem. Thank you."

"Anytime." He replied, but I had already turned around and headed back to our room. I closed the door behind me, cursing myself for even leaving this room.

Looking around, something caught my attention. It was a note that was left on the bed. I took it, with trembling hands, afraid of what it was saying. I opened it and started reading.

My dear Venus,

If you are reading this letter you will probably have completely freaked out. I don't blame you. I would be feeling the same, if I had somebody in my situation around. This morning I realized, there was no way for me to survive this pain, because, I can't hide it from you, I feel torn apart. Or maybe there is a way, but it's not quite pleasant. No, I'm not going to kill myself, I reassure you. But, I have to do this, if I want to survive and one day, find myself again. I don't know when we will see each other again. It's, just, I might not be the same person. The Cassandra you met might be long gone. I can't stop thinking myself before all this supernatural roller-coaster. I miss that person. And I will miss her now more than any other time. I left you my car keys, so that you can return to Chicago. I want nothing from my old life. I want to start anew. I'm sorry for doing this in this way, but I'm sure you would stop me.

Take care,

Cassandra

What was that supposed to mean?

Author's Note: I know this chapter is small. And I would normally post another chapter after that, but I think it would be better if I didn't. The best cliffhangers are those that are not solved immediately. Although, don't worry, I'll update again in two days. I also know that this chapter creates more questions than it answers, so I cannot help but ask you... What do you think Cassandra will do to cope with Elijah's betrayal? What do you think her future will be? I'm 100000000000000000% sure you will never, ever , EVER see what is coming. But, still I love you all!!!!! don't forget to comment!!!!!!