Chapter 74

Once I got to the place the bonfire was held, I received a message from Elena

Once I got to the place the bonfire was held, I received a message from Elena. Meet us at Ric's classroom. Curious about what they were up to, I did as I was told. There was Elena, Alaric, Caroline and Damon.

"What did I miss?" I said entering the classroom.

"Nothing." Elena replied. "I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then, when he is distracted-"

"I'll shoot him." Alaric finished her sentence.

"Can't Bonnie just juju or something?" Damon interrupted.

"I want to keep Bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her." Elena said.

"And what is she doing here?" He said pointing at me.

"Firstly, Stefan won't hurt her. Remember, Klaus gave him orders not to touch her." Elena replied.

"And I was sure miracles do not happen."

"Oh, shut up Damon!!!" I said annoyed.

"Caroline are you ready?" Elena continued ignoring us.

"Yes! I'll make sure that the old Forbs cell is ready." She replied.

"We are forgetting a key player here. Rebekah! Wherever Stefan goes, the blonde ponytail tends to follow." Damon pointed out.

"This is why it's your job to keep her away." Elena pointed out in return.

"How? She is an Original. Last time I checked, we ran out of daggers!"

"So, then preoccupy her with your charm."

I burst out laughing while Alaric was saying "We had better find another dagger."

"And Cassie it's your job to save Damon in case something goes wrong." I froze for a moment and then continued laughing.

"You'd better stop laughing and think quickly your saving plan. More likely, I will end up with a stake in my guts."

"I would say you would deserve it, but you have been actually a good person lately, so I'll just drop it. And since you are so curious about why Klaus wants to keep me safe, I will try to find out if she knows something. That's how it works, Damon."

He looked at me emotionlessly. Our glaring stopped by Tyler's arrival. "Sorry for being late. What's going on?" He asked.

"We need some of your mom's vervain supply. Enough to keep Stefan down for a while." Elena explained. And then he started acting very weirdly.

"But you can't do that to Stefan." He replied back.

"Why not?" Caroline asked.

"Trust me Tyler, it's for his best." Elena confirmed.

"But, not Klaus's." He replied back. That didn't sound very good. Damon's face confirmed my worries.

"But, Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler." Caroline reminded him. "Why are you acting like a freaky hybrid slave minion?"