A Year Later

Present Time (A Year later)

So as I said before, I’m actually happy for once. Landon and I have been dating for almost a year now, only a month left until a year. I’m madly in love with him and I’m not sure what would happen if I wasn’t with him. Things with my aunt had gotten better and I actually was moving on, which I thought would never happen. I surely couldn’t have done it without Landon.

Zack and Scarlett had become my best friends and when I wasn’t with Landon, I was with one of them. The others from the therapy group were friends of mine, but I wasn’t as close to them. I did tell everyone about my past because they needed to know. I learned a lot about them all just in a year.

I went to school with all of them, which was amazing. I didn’t really make any other friends besides them because they understood me more. I made a few friends on my track team and yes, I’m the track star, who is undefeated so far. Winning was the best feeling ever and my dad wanted me to keep running, so I did and because I loved it too much. The reason why I’m telling you all of my story of this year is because you don’t really want to be bored by it.

I had my seventeenth birthday and since it was May right now, I only had a few months left until school was out and it would be a year since I moved here. Today was important because it was a year since Ethan and Maddie died and two years since my parents died. I hated the month of March so much.

It’s still hard to believe it has been two years since I was first kidnapped and my parents were murdered. I wish I could go back to their graves and see them but I knew I couldn’t. I would just have to pray to them and make sure they know I’m doing well and miss them very much.

The doorbell rang, causing me to jump from my thoughts. I ran to the door and flung it open to see Landon in the doorway. I smiled, not being able to control myself from being happy with him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him inside the house, kissing him softly as I did. He kissed back, but with more intensity than I had. He held me around the waist and pushed me against the door. We continued to kiss and then I said, “Okay, come on. Stop. My aunt and uncle could end up walking in at any time.”

“You’re no fun.” He pouted.

“I love you.” I said, grinning, as I took his hand.

“I love you too, I guess.” He laughed.

“You guess?” I asked.

He shrugged and walked into the living room, without me. Can you believe that? He has gotten so comfortable, that he just leaves and go to find something to do. I acted mad and followed behind him. He turned on the TV and patted to the stop next to him for me to sit.

“Let me go shower first, I just got back from my run before you came. You never give me anytime when I get back here.” I said.

“Yeah, well I want to see you, that’s why.” He said.

“Even when I’m all sweaty and smelly?” I asked.

“Oh yes, that’s the only reason I come here, so I can see you like this.” He laughed as he scanned my body, making me feel somewhat self conscious. I know I shouldn’t feel that way but I couldn’t help it.

“Well, I haven’t even been in my room yet, so don’t come up. It’s probably a mess.” I said.

“And I should be surprised by that?” He asked.

“Hey! It’s not always a mess.” I whined.

I leaned over and gave him a kiss before turning and walking upstairs. He must have knew I was going to shower, because he had went straight to the living room, when normally, we hung out in my room. He knew me so well. I was still in my running outfit and couldn’t wait to get out of it. Running on the beach was fun but also exhausting.

Once I got into my room, I paused. There was a piece of paper on my bed and I didn’t know why it would be there. I walked over to the folded piece of paper and the front said, “To Kelly.”

I stared at it confused but opened it up. I gasped as I started to read the letter.

“To Kelly, I have missed you so much and I can’t wait to see you, well I mean face to face. I have gotten to see you over the past year, but couldn’t act until now. I waited for you because of my plan. Everything is going perfectly. I love you so much and when I saw you get shot, I died inside. But then I saw that you were alive, and I knew that meant we had to be together, it was a sign. I’ll see you soon, Sweetie. Love Kyle.”

My eyes were widened as I reread the letter over and over again. My heart was racing and tears filled my eyes. The paper shook in my trembling hands. This couldn’t be true? Can’t this be just a sick prank? God, Kyle can’t be after me. No, I won’t believe this. Wait, how did this get inside my room? Was he in the house?
            “Landon!” I shouted as I ran down the stairs.

Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I reached the bottom of stairs. Where was he at? Then I sighed with relief when I saw Landon running around the corner, almost knocking me over.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I flung my arms around him, holding him tightly. I couldn’t speak at first, my mouth was dry and I started to choke on tears. The warmth of his arms comforted me but I knew we had to get out of here. What if Kyle was inside the house?

“We have to get out of here. He’s here.” I cried, as I dragged him towards the front door.

“Who’s here?” He asked, trying not to panic.

“Kyle, there was a letter in my room. Please, we have to get out of here.” I sobbed.

He didn’t disagree with me this time; we walked outside and went to his car. I knew where we had to go. My whole body was trembling as I thought about the letter, over and over again. Landon said nothing as he drove. This was happening all over again.

Duh, duh, duh. So what did you think about this letter? Is Kyle really back? How did he get the letter in her house? So many questions, right? To the right is Brooke from book 1! Who do you want to see next?

 I'm getting excited for ideas that I have for this story and I hope you think them too. Also, you all must promise not to kill me by things I do, okay? Thanks. :)

 This chapter's dedication goes to @dollz007. Thanks for commenting!!! :)

ALSO before I forget, you all should go check out my new friend's story called, "Forgotten Past." The authors name is @teddybear928! She really wants more reads and it's just a chapter so far but it's pretty good! Remember comment and vote! Who do you want to see next?

Here is the link to my friend's story:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/9593473-forgotten-past