Together

Kyle's Point of View

Kyle stared at Kelly, it looked as if she was about to cry. It pained him to see her this way but maybe she would behave now. Dole was being extra mean to her and also threatening Robbins really seemed to get to Kelly. He walked over to Dole and Kelly, and said, “Okay, lets all calm down here.” He grabbed her arm but she quickly ripped it away from his grasp. He sighed to himself as she yelled, “Don’t touch me.”

She turned around and stormed out of the living room, probably heading back to the bedroom. He glared at Dole and he threw his hands up in the air in defense.

“What?” He asked.

“Really? This is how you want to start off everything? You know she is going to hate you?” Kyle asked.

“Means she will like you even better.” Dole smirked.

“Are you going to mess with Robbins?” Kyle asked, already knowing the answer.

“Already have.” He laughed.

Kyle rolled his eyes and collapsed onto the couch next to Kayden. Kyle knew Kelly was a handful, but not this much. He hated seeing her like this. The plan was to get her to be happy and want to live with him but obviously, that wasn’t happening. It was probably all Landon’s fault.

He had told Kayden to let Kelly see him while he was gone, hoping she would see him and want to protect him. He hated the thought of having to kill him because it would ruin Kelly, but he would do what he had too, in order to keep Kelly. Though, him being here had made her behave a little better.

Kyle debated whether to go and talk to Kelly, but knew she probably wanted space. He pinched the top of his nose and frowned. He knew if anything happened to Robbins, Kelly would flip out. Dole walked out into the kitchen and that’s when Kayden leaned over and said, “Really, another person? The reason I have never been caught is because I was alone. Can we trust this guy?”

“Yes, of course, we can.” Kyle replied.

Kayden rolled his eyes, not believing Kyle. Maybe he was right, could Dole really be trusted? Who said he wouldn’t go and tell Robbins where he was? Kyle should have gone with his gut and just had Kelly and not anyone else.

It could have been just him and her. Kayden, Dole and even Landon, wouldn’t be with them and the two of them would finally have the life Kyle dreamed of. Though, that isn’t how everything worked out. He knew that he needed Kayden because without him, he couldn’t get supplies he needed. Kyle’s face was plastered on every place that was possible. He couldn’t go in public unless he used a disguise, which was too much work. Plus, someone had to make sure Kelly didn’t escape.

“Kayden, can you actually go and run a few errands for me?” Kyle asked.

“Sure, just write down what you need. I have to get out of this cabin anyways.” He said, standing up.

He walked back to where his room was and Kyle wasn’t sure what he was doing but he didn’t really care. He wanted Kayden and Dole to be separated for now because the way Kayden looked at Dole, he seemed like he didn’t like him. Kyle quickly wrote down some things he needed from the store onto a piece of paper. They were actually running low on supplies. Kayden walked back out, and took the paper from Kyle. Dole was still in the kitchen eating.

“If you need me, just call. I have my cell phone.” Kayden said as he left the front door, locking it as he left.

Kyle nodded, not sure if Kayden saw him or not. Kyle walked out to the kitchen, where Dole was eating a bowl of cereal.