Hopeless

I stared at the door as if it was lying to me. Why wouldn’t it be Kyle? Who else could it be at the door? I didn’t get to hear the voice who said that because I thought the person would be Kyle so I didn’t pay attention to who was talking.

“Who is it?” I asked, finally.

“It’s Brooke. Please open the door.” She said.

I was about to fling the door open when I realized something, Brooke was supposed to be in the basement so why was she upstairs? I sighed loudly and said, “Kyle put you up to this, didn’t he?” I asked.

“Yes, but please come out.” She begged.

“Why should I?” I asked stubbornly.

“Because he threatened me if I couldn’t get you out. Please.” She begged, her voice breaking slightly.

I sighed loudly, knowing I had to come out before Brooke got hurt. I unlocked the door to find that Brooke was gone. I frowned as I looked down the hallway to see her nowhere. Then I saw Kyle down the hallway and I turned to lock myself back in the bathroom, not wanting to see him or talk to him.

“Don’t go back in there or Brooke will get it.” He threatened as he made his way down the hallway.

 I didn’t make eye contact, not wanting to see him. Then I saw opened the door across the hall from the bathroom and quickly ran inside. It wasn’t the bathroom so Brooke should be fine. I locked the door and head Kyle getting closer and closer to the room. I turned around to see that I was in a bedroom, and to my luck, it was Kyle’s bedroom. There were some dirty clothes in the corner of the room and there was a messed up bed.

I whirled around when I heard jingling keys. He was going to unlock the door. I raced to the door, throwing all my weight against it, as Kyle tried to push open the now unlocked door. Though I knew it was pointless to try and hold him back because he was too strong. He threw open the door, making me stumble backwards and fall to the ground. I landed flat on my butt, which hurt, but I ignored the pain.

“What the hell was that?” He asked, shutting the door behind him.

“I didn’t go into the bathroom, like you said.” I replied, almost wanting to smile but I didn’t, knowing I would get in trouble.

“You’re such a smart ass.” He sighed. “Why did you run away like that? What’s wrong?” He asked.

“You really don’t know? Well, let me make this clear for you. You raped my one of my friends and then you have the nerve to freaking kiss me and act like nothing happened when it did!” I shouted.

“Kelly, I never wanted to do that but she needed a punishment that would make her listen to me.” He said, emotionless.

“I don’t care for your reasons. God, I’m so sick of this! Why can’t you just leave me alone?” I yelled, my voice cracking at the end.

Tears filled my eyes as I thought about always fighting with Kyle and how much I hated it here. I wanted to scream and just break down crying. I wasn’t sure how much longer I could do all of this.

“Kelly, please I love you so much and hate seeing you like this.” He said.

“Then why are you doing all of this?” I asked, as I sat down on the edge of the bed, trying my best not to cry my eyes out.

“Because I’m all you have left and I love you. Why can’t you see that I would do anything for you?” He asked.

“You’re wrong; I have my aunt and uncle. Plus I have Robbins. And you have done so many things that I can’t forgive you for.” I said.

“Oh really? Because I swear, I saw that your aunt and uncle were leaving the country. Robbins doesn’t care about you, she barely knows you. She is just doing what her job is.” He said, walking over and sitting down next to me.

“No, you’re lying to me. They aren’t gone. They wouldn’t do that to me.” I stuttered, not getting the words out quicker.

“I’m not lying. They called Robbins and even told her that. They didn’t want to deal with you anymore. Cross my heart and hope to die.”

It felt as if my heart was broken into a million pieces. Something by the tone of his voice told me he was telling me the truth. How could they do that to me? Tears streamed down my cheeks as I buried my face into my hands. What was happening to my life? I really didn’t have anyone but Landon but he wasn’t family. There was no one left in my family. I couldn’t have felt more alone and betrayed right now.

“Shh, it’s okay. I’m here for you.” He whispered as he wrapped his arms around me.

Now don’t hate me, but I let him hug me as I bawled my eyes out. He was the only person around and I knew that without him, I would really be alone. It was like my heart was thrown to the ground and stomped on. I don’t think I have ever really felt this way before. I usually at least had someone but now there was no one.

I slowly pulled away from Kyle, knowing I couldn’t forgive him so easily. His face showed sadness but I wasn’t sure if I believed it. I would kill to know what he was thinking right now. I hated my aunt and uncle. They were suck cowards and there are so many words I could use for them but it’s not worth the energy.

I wasn’t even sure what time it was in the day but I didn’t really care at the moment. I was exhausted and thought that if I fell asleep, this all could just go away. I scooted back on the bed and laid down, my back facing Kyle. He crawled up and laid next to me and whispered in my ear, “Just relax and go to sleep. I’m here for you.”

Here is the next chapter! So what did you think about Kyle's softer side? What do you think will happen with Kelly? Is she starting to give up?

 So involving my contest that I had, there wasn't that many people who did it but I have a runner up and winner. This chapter's dedication goes to the runner up which is @Hallikinz!!!! Congratulations!!!! And everyone should go check out that chapter because it was good. The winner will be announced in the next chapter!!!