Too Good To Be True?

I sat on the bed, on the verge of crying. Dole was such a jerk! After several minutes when Kyle hadn’t came in, I knew he was going to leave me alone. I broke down and let the tears roll down my cheeks. Crying was my worst enemy now but I couldn’t help it. I hated it here and there was nothing I could do now. I needed to think of a plan so I could leave these monsters.

Once I stopped crying, I started to think of escape plans. With every plan I came up with, there was a downfall to it. There was one plan that could work but it could also be very risky. Before I could think over the plan again, my thoughts were distracted by the door opening. I knew being alone was too good to be true.

Kyle walked in and shut the door behind him. He smiled slightly but I ignored him. I wasn’t really mad at him, but he was part of the problem. He just had to go and break Dole out of prison.

“Kelly, are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, sure.” I mumbled, not making eye contact with him.

It was difficult to not look at him in the eyes when he came and sat down on the bed next to me, and softly grabbed my chin. He pulled my chin up, so that I was looking at him.

“Is Dole still here?” I asked, hoping he was gone if my plan was going to work. And yes, I was going to go with this plan, even though I didn’t know how it would turn out. I was risking everything now, but what else could I really lose?

“No, he went out; he said something about not wanting to be cooped inside a house, when he was locked in jail for a year. So I’m guessing he went into town or something. Kayden also went shopping for me, so we’re alone.” He said. This was it, part one of my plan is to make Kyle take down his guard.

“I’m glad it’s just us.” I whispered.

He smiled and before I knew it, his lips were against mine. Despite how much I wanted to puke, I forced myself to kiss back, knowing that I needed to do this. He seemed shocked at my sudden urge to kiss him but he didn’t complain.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms snaked around my waist. He pulled me onto his lap and I gasped. He chuckled against my lips, his chest vibrating as he laughed. Since we were sitting down, I wrapped my legs around his waist, making sure I was as close to him as I could, even though I hated every second. I tried to imagine Kyle being Landon, but it didn’t work.

He bit down on my lip, causing me to yelp. We continued to kiss passionately, taking only a second or so to catch a breath in between the kiss. To play the part right, I faked a moan when he started to kiss me even more intensely.

After what felt like forever, he finally pulled away. I wasn’t going to be the one to pull away, just in case. I wanted him to believe that I was falling for him. A smile was plastered on his face as he stared at me. I was still sitting on his lap, with my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. His arms rested around my waist and both of us were breathing heavily.

“Wow, that was intense.” He said.

I didn’t reply, wanting him to think that I was not looking at him because I was developing feelings for him. He cleared his throat, which made me lift my head up. His eyes were full of lust and amusement.

“Is someone hiding something?” He asked.

“What? N-no.” I stuttered, still playing the part.

“Admit it, you loved that.” He said, smirking.

“Can we take a nap? I’m tired.” I lied, trying to advance to part two of my plan.

“Answer my question first. Did you like that?” He asked, trying to hold back laughter. I looked away from him before muttering, “Y-yes.”

“That’s adorable, Kel. I told you, that your feelings for me would start to change. Anyways, I am tired so I’m glad you brought up a nap.” He said.