Rest In Peace

Kyle's Point of View

Kyle opened the door to the house, and walked inside. What he saw, he didn’t expect. His eyes widened when he saw Kelly, lying on the floor, bleeding all over the place. Kayden was across the house, running out the backdoor. Kyle shared glances with Dole, who was also in shock.

“Go find that bastard.” Kyle snarled to Dole and he took off running through the back door.

Kyle rushed over to Kelly, knowing that Kayden had hurt her pretty bad. Kayden had promise to leave her alone, but he lied. Kyle had trusted him because they were such close friends before and still were. He felt betrayed but not only that, but heartbroken. His best friend stabbed him in the back and the love of his life was dying right before his eyes. How could Kayden do this to him? He knew how much Kyle loved Kelly and cared for her, heck, Kyle kidnapped her three other times just to be with her and to have her near him.

Kyle needed Dole to come with him to do errands because he wanted to talk in private about Robbins and their leads. The cop who pulled Kyle over, recognized him later on and told Robbins. Dole and him were going to check out where Robbins was set up and in what station, she was located in. Dole knew Robbins best and Kyle needed everything on her that he could get. Kyle didn’t think leaving Kayden and Kelly, that she would end up dying.

He sank to his knees, my hands trembling. He had never been more terrified in his life before. Kelly coughed and he noticed blood coming from her mouth. Shit, this was really bad. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and he guessed she knew it was as bad as it was. He was fighting back the tears as he stared at her beaten, bloodied body.

“I’ll take you to the hospital.” Kyle said, quickly.

She shook her head, confusing him. “No, it’s too late now. There’s nothing that can be done.” She said, chocking slightly as she finished talking.

Kyle placed his hand on top of hers, keeping pressure down. He needed to save her, she couldn’t die. He couldn’t live without her; she was all he had left. He loved her so much and knew if she died, he wouldn’t be able to function. Kayden was going to pay, he knew that for sure. Blood trickled from her mouth, staining her pale, white skin.

“Kelly, I can’t lose you.” Kyle whispered.

More tears rushed down her face. For the second time in his life, he cried. The other time was when she was shot, but other than that, he never cried. He hadn’t cried when his dad died, or his mom. He never cried anymore, until Kelly came along. She had changed him, which he hated to admit.

Tears plastered to his face now too. He hated to cry but this was the one exception to crying. So many emotions were rushing in his head, he couldn’t even think straight. He scooted Kelly onto his lap and into his arms. He wanted her as close to him as possible. Her body was shivering and blood covered his arms and shirt, as her body pressed against his. If only he hadn’t left her here with Kayden, she would be alive and not dying.

“I’m so sorry, Kelly, for everything. I shouldn’t have kidnapped you, or hurt you in anyway. Please forgive me.” He cried, chocking as he said the last words.

“I forgive you.” She barely said, but he heard it completely.

He felt a sudden weight lifted off of him as she forgave him. He had waited for this moment, ever since he first kidnapped her, but now it didn’t mean as much since she would be gone soon. He wished there was something he could do, but he was twenty minutes from the nearest hospital, and she clearly wouldn’t make it that long. She removed her hands from the wound and Kyle frantically kept pressure on it.

She grabbed his hand and placed it off of the wound. What was she doing? She held his hand in hers and squeezed tightly. She wanted to die now, she knew it was the end for her and holding pressure on her stomach wouldn’t change anything or save her life. Kyle hated himself for leaving her with Kayden and after everything she had gone through, she died. It was messed up and Kyle couldn’t even explain it.

“I love you, Kelly.” He breathed.

More blood poured from the wound and he knew her time was limiting. Tears still escaped his eyes and he couldn’t control them, even if he wanted to. He could feel her slipping away from him. He had to brace himself for the goodbye. She was dying in his arms and holding onto everything she had. Even Kelly, didn’t need to die like this. Kyle was a ruthless killer, yet this broke him to pieces. Kelly was a fighter, but someone couldn’t fight forever.

“I’ve always loved you, Kyle.” She muttered, before taking her last breath.

Her once bright, blue eyes were not gray and lifeless. Kyle closed her eyes, shivering as he did so. He buried his face into her chest and wished she was still alive. Why did it have to end like this? She died unhappy and scared. She shouldn’t have died that way, not his Kelly.

“I’m so sorry.” Kyle sobbed as he carefully placed her body off of his lap and onto the floor.

Kyle’s sadness turned into rage. He clenched his fists and his face reddened. Kayden killed Kelly, and for what reason? He would find out sooner or later. Kyle’s attention was forced on the back door where Dole stood. He shook his head slowly.

“He got away, I’m sorry man.” Dole said.

“Damn it, he killed her.” Kyle grumbled.

He wanted to kill Kayden and beat the shit out him right now. He would make sure he paid for what he did to Kelly. She didn’t deserve to die. Dole frowned as he stared at Kelly. Kyle couldn’t even glance at her anymore, it was just too painful.

“I’m sorry, she didn’t deserve to die.” Dole spoke.

“She was all I had left.” Kyle said, emotionless. He was trying to turn off all emotion right now because he needed a break. Life was so much easier before he kidnapped Kelly and he just killed and kidnapped for fun, not for love or for a certain purpose.

“I think we need some time apart. You need time to mourn and alone time. Here, this is a number to call whenever you need me. If it’s tomorrow or a year from now, I’ll be there for you.” Dole said, writing down a number on a piece of paper and handing it to Kyle.

Blood stained the edge of the paper. Kyle shoved it in his pocket and nodded. He watched as Dole left through the front door, leaving Kyle all alone. He wiped away the tears on his face and had finally wrapped his head around everything.

Kyle walked upstairs, leaving Kelly’s dead body. He unlocked Landon’s door and walked in. Landon’s eyes widened, probably from the huge amount of blood covering Kyle. Plus, the fact that Kyle had been crying probably said a lot.

“What did you do to her?” Landon asked, quietly.

“Kayden killed her.” Kyle replied, emotionless. He wasn’t going to appear weak in front of him. Landon face grew pale and tears watered in his eyes. Kyle chose to ignore him though.

“I’m not going to kill you. I want you to suffer her loss just like I have too. I also want you to find Robbins and give Kelly’s body to her, since I can’t. She at least deserves that.” Kyle said, not making eye contact with Landon, who he really despised at the moment.

Kyle opened the bedroom door, showing Landon that he could go. When Landon didn’t move, Kyle sighed and headed back downstairs. At least Landon would show Robbins Kelly’s body and she could have a funeral for her. He considered killing Landon but felt he would be betraying Kelly if he did that. The boy did nothing wrong, he just knew the wrong person.

Kelly’s body laid in the same position as he left it. Part of him wished she would move and magically come back alive, but that was impossible. He hated himself so much for everything he did, but she forgave him, which meant the world to him. She also said she had loved him. A single tear ran down his face but he quickly wiped it away. He stood at the front door.

He took one last glance at her, before walking out of the house, shutting the door behind him. He didn’t look back, knowing that pain followed that house. He was moving on now, he had too. He was going to suffer for awhile, knowing that the only thing keeping him alive was now dead. But now, there was something else motivating him to live. Revenge.

I know, a very emotional chapter and I'm sorry I killed her off, but I had too. I am making a fourth book, but I will talk more about that on the next and last chapter. I will hopefully update tomorrow, and finally finish this book!!! How did you feel about this chapter and about Kyle? This chapter's dedication goes to @morgana13. Only one more dedication for this book, whoever writes the longest comment will most likely get it. Anyways, until next time, hope you enjoyed and don't hate me too much. :)