Epilogue

Landon's Point of View

  Two Weeks Later

Landon slowly finished putting on his suit and tie. He had never looked so much like an adult before. His eyes were already reddened and swollen from crying. Every day since finding out Kelly was dead, killed him inside. Today was Kelly’s funeral that Robbins had arranged. She was just of a mess as he was.

Kelly had died hating Landon with a passion and if he could take that back, he wouldn’t even blink. That was one of his worst regrets now. Kyle had forced Landon to fight with Kelly and make her feel like shit and if he didn’t, Kyle threatened to hurt Kelly. Yes, he knew he hurt her terribly by doing that but he was just protecting her. He wished she had known that and that he still loves her with everything he has. He remembered the moment Kyle had told him that Kelly was dead.

Landon heard the bedroom door unlock. He kept replaying the harsh words that he had said to Kelly and wished he could take them back. Next time he saw her, he would tell her the truth and make sure Kyle didn’t find out. He loved her more than anything and being locked away with nothing to do, really made him realize that he loved her.

Kyle walked into the room and Landon’s eyes widened. There was blood covering Kyle’s shirt and his eyes were swollen and stained with tears. Something was wrong. Then he thought of Kelly. If Kyle hurt her, he was going to pay. There was a lot of blood, though, which worried him.

“What did you do to her?” Landon whispered, barely finding his voice.

“Kayden killed her.” Kyle replied, emotionless.

Though, Landon wasn’t stupid, he knew Kyle was hiding away his tears. Landon didn’t process the words correctly at first. Kelly couldn’t be dead, Kyle had to be lying. Then that explained the blood and tears on Kyle. There was a sick feeling in Landon’s stomach and he felt himself get pale. Tears filled his eyes but he refused to cry in front of Kyle. Maybe he was lying, just to hurt him. He needed to see a body before fully believing Kyle.

“I’m not going to kill you. I want you to suffer her loss just like I have too. I also want you to find Robbins and give Kelly’s body to her, since I can’t. She at least deserves that.” Kyle said, not making eye contact with Landon.

Landon said nothing, there was nothing to say. He wasn’t going to thank Kyle for sparing his life. Kelly had to be dead, because this seemed like too big of an act to fake. Kyle opened the bedroom door, leaving it open for Landon to leave. Kyle sighed and left the room. Landon heard the footsteps descend some the stairs.

Landon wanted to move but his body was frozen in place. Could Kelly really be dead? The love of his life couldn’t be dead. He snapped out of shock and headed for the stairs. He saw Kyle just leaving, shutting the door behind him as Landon headed down the stares. He gasped and a rush of pain filled his body when he saw Kelly’s blooded corpse.

He ran over to her, shaking her to see if she was actually dead. She was. Tears streamed down his cheeks and he never thought this would happen. He had lost his sister to a kidnapper and now he lost his girlfriend to one. He held Kelly in his arms begging for her to wake up, even though it wasn’t going to happen.

“Kelly, I’m so sorry. I love you. Please forgive me.” Landon sobbed into Kelly’s chest, getting some blood on his face.

It was hours of being with Kelly’s body before he finally decided to leave and get help. He was in the middle of the woods and knew it would take at least a day to find help. Who knew where the woods ended? He started walking; knowing Robbins would be truly heartbroken when he told her the news of Kelly.