Saved

My eyes were blinded by the sun shining in my face when I opened my eyes. The last thing I remembered was Kyle carrying me into the bedroom. Had I passed out? Never before in my life had I actually passed out from exhaustion before, not even at track. I sat up and let out a scream when I saw Kayden sitting at the edge of the bed. Where was Kyle? What was he doing in here?

“Well good morning to you too.” Kayden smirked.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“I just wanted to come and say hi.” He said, but that was clearly not the reason he was here.

I stared at him, knowing he was lying. His smile was freaking me out and I still hadn’t seen Kyle today. What was going on? Was he here to punish me already? I was not ready for this but I knew it was coming sooner or later. I rose to my feet and stood on the side of the bed. I knew this wasn’t going to be good.

I watched him closely as he got up from the bed and walked over to me. It took everything I had to not back away in fear. It was a new day, new start. Before I knew what was happening, his lips were firmly against mine. I stumbled backwards, hitting the wall next to the bed. I cried out against him as my head hit the wall, sending a rush of pain through my body.

He grabbed me around the waist and pulled me over to the bed. I tried to squirm underneath him but that just seemed to amuse him. He pulled away, only a few inches above my face as he laid on top of me.

“So this is what is going to happen. You are going to let me do what I want or you will get hurt, whether Kyle likes it or not.” He said.

“Kyle will be mad if you hurt me.” I fired back, hoping to make him think about what he is doing.

“I don’t care what Kyle thinks.” He smirked as he leaned in for another kiss.

This time, instead of just letting him kiss me, I caught his bottom lip between my teeth and bit down hard. Metallic blood filled my mouth and Kayden stopped kissing me. He cursed as I pushed him off of me, and ran to the bedroom door. I turned the knob only to find it locked. I should have known it was locked.

“Kyle! Please open up! I’m sorry. Help me!” I yelled through the door.

I screamed when I felt Kayden rip me away from the door and onto the ground. Kayden quickly straddled me and said, “I was going to be nice and do this on the bed, but I don’t even care anymore.”

Then I watched in horror as he started to take off his shirt. Tears welled in my eyes but I didn’t cry. He was actually going to rape me. For once I actually wanted Kyle to come and save me because he would let this happen. Kayden stopped once his shirt was off because there was a pounding on the door.

“Kelly? What’s wrong?” Kyle yelled through the door.

“Help me!” I screamed as loud as I could.

“Kayden, where the hell is my key?” Kyle yelled angrily through the door, beating on it in the process.

“I may have taken it so I could spend a little extra time with your girl.” He said with a grin.

“Open the door, now!” Kyle yelled but Kayden ignored him.

“Bite me again, Princess, and you will pay for it.” Kayden threatened.

I tried to fight him as he slowly pulled my shorts, leaving me in my underwear. Tears actually trickled down my cheeks down. My breathing increased as he played with the bottom of my tank top.

“Please, don’t do this.” I cried.

“Why? This will be fun.” He smirked, as he lifted up my tank top until it was over my head. I was just in my bra and underwear now and never felt so violated or vulnerable. Where the hell was Kyle? He was awfully quiet and all I could hear is my own heart beating and my soft crying.

Kayden’s cold hands were placed on my hips and I shivered at the touch against my bare skin. He started to kiss me again and I whimpered against his lips. Then I jumped when the door flung open. Kayden immediately got off of me and I scooted away from him, trying my best to quickly get my clothes back on.

Kyle punched Kayden in the cheek, sending Kayden staggering backwards. It felt good to have my clothes back on and it pained to know how close to being raped I was. Tears were still slowing trickling down my cheeks.

“Kayden, get out now before I consider killing you.” Kyle shouted.

“She still had her bra and underwear on.” He said, smirking as he looking in my direction, making me want to puke.

“Get out.” Kyle said.

Kayden nodded and headed for the door but he whispered something to Kyle before he left but I couldn’t hear it. The door shut and I ran over to Kyle, wrapping my arms tightly around him. I don’t think I have actually been that scared before in my life.

“Thank you. You saved me.” I said, trying to stop crying.

“Are you okay?” He asked, holding me against him.

I nodded, resting my forehead against his chest. I actually felt comfortable in his arms for once. I wasn’t sure how this could happen but it was. Was I actually liking Kyle? Of course I wasn’t, he was a killer who just happened to protect me from Kayden. I finally let go of Kyle and took a step backwards away from him, not wanting to be too close anymore. My hands were trembling and I knew it was because deep down, I was now truly terrified of Kayden.

I went and sat down on the bed, not sure if my legs could hold me any longer. What scared me even more than Kayden, was that I may be caring about Kyle. I know I don’t love him but there is something deep down that would make me sad if he died. I remembered waking up everyday wishing he was dead, but I knew that was never true. Kyle came and sat down next to me and I couldn’t help but feel some comfort.

“I’m so sorry, Kelly, for everything.” He whispered as he slowly wiped a tear from my cheek that I hadn’t wiped away. I remained quiet, not wanting to speak. I was actually surprised by the face that he apologized to me.

“I need to tell you something and you have to promise not to freak out.” He said and my eyes wandered up so that I was stared at him, wide eyed.

“I am leaving for a day or so to do some business.” He said, staring at me waiting for a reaction. “So you will be staying here with Kayden.” Kyle added.

Then that’s when it finally clicked. He was leaving me with Kayden! How could he do this? So many emotions rushed through me and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to cry or scream in anger.

“No, you can’t leave me here alone with him!” I protested.

“I’m sorry but I have to. I’ll make sure he behaves himself.” Kyle said, standing up from the bed.

“Please, don’t leave me here.” I begged.

“I leave tomorrow. I’m sorry.” He said with sympathetic eyes.

He went to walk to the door, when without realizing it, I grabbed his hand. He turned around, shocked by my contact. Tears filled my eyes but I refused to cry again. I didn’t want to be left here with Kayden.

“Please, if this is a type of punishment, I’m sorry.” I pleaded.

“It’s not a punishment.” He said bluntly.

“Then take me with you, to wherever you’re going.” I said, hoping he would let me come and not stay with Kayden. I was holding me breath as I waited for the answer.

“I promise to listen to everything you say and don’t fight you.” I added, hoping to win him over.

 So what do you think Kyle will say? He is going to bring her or leave her? Hope you all enjoyed the chapter and hopefully I will update again tomorrow, I should be able to since its Friday and I can stay up late.

 This chapter's dedication goes to @Kat2258. Thanks for commenting and hopefully voting. I loved all the comments I got on the last chapter. I got 13 wonderful comments to read so thank you everyone!

 And I'm sooo happy because this book is ranked 200 in the mystery and thriller group!!!! I hope it keeps going down and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys so thank you!!! :)