The Plan

Kyle's Point of View

Kyle carried Kelly into the bedroom, exhausted from the day. He was surprised Kelly had passed out but that’s what happens when someone runs miles and miles. He sort of felt bad for making Kelly believe she was escaping. Kayden and him had followed Kelly as she was running for awhile, until we thought she was far enough.

He remembered how exhausted and defeated she looked. Surely, she learned her lesson and knew she wasn’t going to escape, right? It was obvious that Kyle had thought of escape routes and that every window had an alarm on them so that if it was opened or broken, Kyle would know. Then the front and back doors were locked and only Kayden and him had the keys to open them.

Kyle hated doing this experiment with Kelly because tomorrow he was leaving Kelly to go do some business he needed to take care of and would be gone all day and get back the next day. He knew Kayden would probably mess with her but he had to leave and do what he had to do.

Once Kyle changed into a loose fitting pair of pants and removed his shirt, he crawled into bed next to Kelly, who was sleeping so peacefully. He could just lay there and watch her sleep but that was really creepy so he turned off the light next to the bed and closed his eyes.

The next morning Kyle opened his eyes to see Kelly’s head resting on his chest like she did the night before. Whether she will admit it or not, she must somewhat like him. He slowly moved her off his chest and laid her on the pillow. He slipped on a shirt and walked out of the room.

Kayden was sitting on the couch watching TV and eating a bowl of cereal. Kyle didn’t want Kayden to hurt Kelly, even if she asked for it. He didn’t want her looking like Landon and in pain. Maybe if he let her go without a punishment for this, she would be more grateful towards him.

“So listen, I don’t think we should punish Kelly for running away.” Kyle said.

“Why’s that?” Kayden asked, looking away from the TV and staring at Kyle.

“She passed out from exhaustion yesterday because we let her run and then caught her. I think she knows that if she does act up we will hurt the boy. I actually think she is scared now and doesn’t want him to get hurt because of her actions.” Kyle explained.

“You’re living in a dream world, aren’t you? She will do anything and everything to escape. You just don’t see it because you’re in love with her but I can see it. I want to help you but I can’t do that if you do this. She needs to be punished.” Kayden said firmly.

“I don’t want her looking beat up like the boy is though.” Kyle added,

“So we beat the boy again and show her we mean business and won’t deal with her shit.” Kayden said walking into the kitchen and placing his bowl in the sink.

“But then she will hate me for hurting him. I think she is getting used to me finally and I don’t want to screw it up.” Kyle said, following Kayden into the kitchen.

“But she needs to learn or she will just run away again.” Kayden protested.

Why did Kayden care so much about Kelly and how she acted? Sure, Kyle did ask him to be scary and mean to Kelly but he should listen to Kyle. He frowned at Kayden and knew this argument wasn’t going anywhere.

“Actually I have a plan.” Kayden said.

“What is it?” Kyle asked, eager to hear the plan, hoping Kelly wouldn’t get hurt.

“When Kelly gets up, I will go in and act like I’m going to hurt her and that’s when you will bang on the door, yelling for me to stop and to leave her alone. When I don’t listen, you will unlock the door and enter. I guarantee she will run into your arms, wanting protection. Then, she will not get hurt but also trust and like you more.” Kayden said smiling at his plan.

Kyle began to think about the plan. Kayden did have a point, Kelly wouldn’t get hurt. He nodded as in agreeing with the plan. Kayden smiled but Kyle ignored him and went to check on Landon. Kyle hated him with a passion but if Kelly loved him, he would keep him alive.

He entered the locked room and saw Landon sitting up on the bed, dried blood stained his face and Kyle had probably hurt him too much but he didn’t really care. Landon’s eyes moved towards Kyle who was standing in the doorway. Neither of them spoke at first.

“You know killing me, will make Kelly hate you.” He said.

“I didn’t come in here to kill you, unless that’s what you want.” Kyle replied.

Kyle hated hearing people say Kelly would hate him. He knew she didn’t like him and she had that right but to hate him, she couldn’t. He remembered all the great times the two of them shared and how much she cared for him once. Kelly did love him once and he regretted making her not love him anymore. Though, he really did believe that she was warming up to him now.

“It’s not a goal of mine, but I’m not the one in charge here.” Landon replied, snapping Kyle out of his thoughts.

“That is true but I did do some research on you. You’ve been kidnapped before this, correct?” Kyle asked.

“Yes.” Landon said, emotionless.

“And you’re sister was killed there?” Kyle asked, already knowing the answer but loved tormenting him.

“Yes.” Landon said, obviously trying to hide the hurt in his voice.

“Interesting. If you didn’t know Kelly’s last boyfriend was killed by me, so I suggest behaving yourself.” Kyle threatened.

Without another words, Kyle left the room, locking the door behind him as he did. It was almost time for the plan and Kyle was getting anxious about it. He trusted Kayden and knew he would do his part but he worried on how Kelly would react to this. Would she really trust him more after this?

He sighed loudly and stalked off to the living room. It killed him to know Kelly disliked him and that he was hurting her but he loved her too much to let her go. She was the love of his life and he would do anything and everything to keep her, and that’s why he had to go along with the plan.

 Here's another chapter! Yay but I don't think its as good as the others, just because I like writing in Kelly's POV better. But I do have a question for all of you.

Who do you like better, Kelly or Kyle? Because I some of you end up falling in love with the heroine of stories but then some of you who always love the bad guy. Mwahahaha :) But yeah so comment below that if there could only be one, who would you want it  to be?

 This chapter's dedication goes to @MollieSkye. Thanks for helping me and being an amazing friend. You really have made me think about a lot of things for this book!!! :)

 I'll update again as soon as I can but I don't have school once again because its freezing here and so its another day to be writing!!!! YAY!!! :D