Station

Robbins Point of View

Robbins covered her mouth quickly, trying to stop herself from screaming again. She held her gun tightly, as she stared at her trashed downstairs living room. She looked around to see that no one was there. What had happened? She slowly examined the whole downstairs of her house and knew the intruder was gone. He couldn’t have been upstairs because she had been up there.

She sat down on her couch, exhausted from everything. She rested her elbows on her knees and her face in her hands. Everything was getting harder and harder. Kelly was no where to found and now Robbins had people breaking into her house. What if Kyle had wanted to take her again? What would she do?

The urge to throw up, filled her body but she held it down. She ran her fingers through her now too long of brown hair, and when she pulled away, there was a chunk of her hair in her hands. She was losing her hair now. She started to cry, not being able to control herself anymore. This job was just getting too stressful for her. She was in her twenties and losing her hair.

Her cell phone rang and she answered it on the second ring.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Hello Robbins, its Catherine and Jim.” Catherine said.

She knew this couldn’t be good. Why would she be calling this late at night?

“What’s wrong?” Robbins asked.

“Look, Jim and I were talking and we can’t do this anymore.” She said with a sob.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“Jim and I are leaving the United States and moving back to Ireland where we were living awhile ago. We can’t keep going through this anymore. Please if you ever get Kelly back, tell her that we are so sorry.” Catherine said in tears.

“What? You can’t just leave Kelly like this? You are her guardians.” Robbins argued.

“You can be her new guardian, you seem to care more for her than we do and she likes you better. Just tell her we love her and that we had to do this and that we’re sorry.”

Then the line went dead. Robbins quickly called her back but was sent to voicemail. How were they just going to leave like that? Kelly would be heartbroken to come home to find her family gone. They were the only people left in her family and they abandoned her.

Robbins felt sick to her stomach and knew this job was killing her. Despite wanting to quit, she knew that she couldn’t. Kelly already had her aunt and uncle give up on her, she couldn’t have anyone else give up.

Robbins started to clean up broken picture frames, torn pillows and fallen vases. Her living room was trashed but that wasn’t what bothered her. It was that someone had broken into her house and did all of this. Once everything was cleaned up, she headed back to bed, still shaken up from the break in.

She woke up the next morning to her alarm and sighed when she saw the time, 6:30. She got up and put her uniform on. Another day of trying to find Kyle. She tied her hair back into a ponytail and begun to think of Kelly and how scared she has to be right now. Why couldn’t Dole just tell her where Kyle was and just help her?

Robbins left her house, the sun just starting to rise. Another day, trying to do the impossible. She arrived at the office and found Officer Sullen.

“Is there anything new?” Robbins asked her.

“Nothing at all. It’s like this guy flew off the face of the Earth.” Officer Sullen said, sorting through tons of papers.

“Well he is good at doing that.” Robbins replied, slightly annoyed with the lack of progress.

She went to sit at her desk when another officer said someone was here to see her. She told the person to come in and that’s when she saw Landon. There were bags under his eyes, probably from the lack of sleep. His eyes were bloodshot, maybe from crying. His clothes were wrinkled and she could tell he was taking this hard.

“Landon, please sit down.” She said.

“Have you found anything at all?” He asked.

“Not yet, but I’m doing everything I can to find her. I know what you are going through.” She said, which she regretted as soon as she said that.

“How? Were you ever madly in love with her?”

“No, but I am close to her too and miss her terribly.” Robbins said, trying to comfort him.

“I was supposed to protect her from him.” He whispered.

“There was nothing you could have done to prevent this.” She said.

“You know what she told me before I left her house that night? She said, ‘Landon I love you and if anything should happen to me, I want you to just try and forget about me because I know escape Kyle for the third time is very rare.’ She wants me to forget her. How can she say that?” He asked, his face turning a light red color.

“She was probably just scared.” Robbins said.

“Still, when has Kelly every exaggerated and said things she didn’t mean? It’s rare of her.” He asked, his face looking as if he was about to cry.

“Landon, she loves you and didn’t mean that. I promise you that.” She said.

He nodded. Even though she could tell that he was still upset and struggling with all of this. Any normal person would be though. She knew Landon really loved Kelly and it hurt her to know that he was hurting during all of this. Life was just not fair.

Robbins and Landon talked about the case some but nothing seemed to keep Landon distracted. He said he had to go, which worried Robbins because he was unstable at the moment. She watched as he slowly walked out of the police station. She had to find Kelly, not just for herself now, but for Landon.

First off, I have a new story called, "Beneath the Eyes" and since you all are so supportive of this series, I was hoping you call could go check it out and comment what you think. It would mean a lot to me!

 Anyways, back to this story. I'm still having writers block so it may take me longer to update starting with the next chapter. Plus, i'm trying to work on my other story as well, but don't worry I will still be writing this story!!!

 This chapter's dedication goes to @ReaderNerd13. Thanks so much for all the comments!!! Keep them up!!! What do you all think will happen with Brooke and Kelly? Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Poor Landon. :(

 Remember go check out my other story please! Love you all! :D