Run

A female and male officer stood in the driveway. I knew I was going to regret them already. They didn’t care about me, heck they don’t even know me. The woman was a short woman, who had short black hair and brown eyes. She appeared to be nice but who knew. The man looked really young, but really muscular. He had dark brown hair and eyes that matched. This is what Robbins had to protect me; some woman who Kyle could probably overpower and a newbie?

I sighed, trying to remain calm. Maybe if I just locked myself in my room, he couldn’t get to me. I could just do that until Robbins gets back. If only that would work. Landon and I walked over to them and both smiled.

“Hello, I’m Officer Sullen and this is Officer Richardson.” The woman said.

“Hi. I have one quick question for you guys. Do you have any idea why you are protecting me and who you are up against?” I asked.

“Well we know your previous kidnapper sent you a letter, threatening you, so you’re under protection.” Officer Sullen said.

“Uncle Jim, do you hear this? They probably don’t even know what Kyle looks like. Unbelievable! We might as well leave the doors unlocked and invite Kyle in ourselves.” I complained, as I went into the house, leaving everyone standing, shocked at my outburst.

I wasn’t going to admit it to anyone but I was terrified and these cops weren’t really making me feel safe. Only a day until Robbins comes back. A lot can happen in a day. I needed to stop freaking myself out or I was probably going to go insane. I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling, trying to take my mind off of everything.

“Hey, you okay?” Landon asked as he entered my room.

“Not really, I have probably the two worst cops protecting me.” I groaned.

“Come on, they are probably really good.” He encouraged.

“Kyle could easily overpower the woman and the guy looks like a newbie. I just want Robbins to come back.” I said.

“I’m sure they will do everything to protect you. Just give them a chance.” He said smiling.

I sighed and rolled over to my stomach. I hated when he was right and when he smiled at me like that. I always had to smile when he did that.

“What?” He laughed.

“I hate it when you are right and when you smile because it makes me smile.” I moaned.

“Well, I’m glad I have that affect on you.” He said, and without looking, I knew he was grinning at me.

I glanced at the clock and it was 7:30. Had time really went by that fast? Landon had gotten me some leftovers from yesterday and I ate that even though I wasn’t hungry. Together, Landon and I laid on my bed for what felt like hours. I just loved having him here with me, even if we weren’t talking.

When it got later, Landon had to go. He leaned over and kissed me passionately and I never wanted this to end. When he tried to get up, I pulled him back down and laughed.

“Come on, Kel. I have to go.” He said smiling.

“No, I don’t want you to leave.” I whined.

He started to tickle me and I couldn’t help it but burst out laughing and let go of him enough so he could run to the door.

“No fair!”

“I love you.” He smiled.

“Love you too.” I said.

He left the room, closing the door behind him. I was now alone, which worried me. I had remembered when I was alone after Ethan had left me, I was kidnapped. My aunt and uncle were home and there were police officers. Kyle wouldn’t be stupid enough to actually try and kidnap me here.

I changed into my pajamas and slid into bed, hoping everything would be okay by morning. The whole time I tried to focus my mind on Landon because was the once thing that actually took my mind off of Kyle.

I woke up at 7:30 the next morning and knew if I didn’t run today, then I would hate myself. I couldn’t let Kyle know he was messing up everything. I would just have one of the officers run with me. They were supposed to be in shape, right? Well I hope so because one of them better run with me. I changed into a pair of black elastic shorts and a neon green tank top. Downstairs, both officers were in the living room. I smiled and greeted them.

“So I want to go on my run. Who’s a better runner?” I asked.

Both of them exchanged looks and Officer Richardson sat up and said, “I’ll go with you.”

I waited as he changed into something other than his police uniform. I would hate to run in that too. He still had his run and badge but they were hidden. I could tell he didn’t want to come but just had to suck it up.

“So Officer Richardson is a mouthful, what’s your first name?” I asked as we started to jog.

“It’s Finn.” He replied.

“See that’s way better and easier to say.” I smiled.

 I didn’t go as fast as I normally would because Finn was with me and it was obvious that he was tired and wasn’t in as good as shape as me. That’s pretty funny but sad. How can a seventeen year old girl be in better shape than a twenty or so year old guy who is a police officer?

“Okay, you have proven to me that you are in better shape than me. Can we please take a break?” He asked, breathing heavily.

“Fine, I guess so.” I said smirking at him.

His dark hair was plastered on his forehead from sweat and he sat down in the sand. My breathing was quick but not out of control. I wiped some sweat from my forehead and went walked over to the ocean while Finn rested.

“How can you do this everyday?” He asked.

I turned and smiled. “It lets me clear my head. Also, I feel amazing afterwards.”

“I just feel exhausted.” He said.

“Well you did say up all night.” I replied.

“Still, even if I did sleep I probably couldn’t do this.” He admitted.

 I just laughed and smiled. It was concerning that he wasn’t in that good of shape but I guess we are in the sand and running long distance. I loved myself even more because I could do this. The feeling of being able to run like I can, make me feel in shape and healthy was amazing. I took a few deep breaths and Finn and I talked for several more minutes while he controlled his breathing. I was in the middle of laughing at something he had said when my smile faded quickly.

Then there was a scream.

 Okay so don't kill me for the ending of this. I just had to give you a cliffhanger. But trust me I'll update as soon as I can so you all don't die. What do you think happened and who screamed. To the right is a picture of Gary! Yes he is hot, I just love picking hot guys for my cast. I don't know his name but who cares. Haha. This chapter's dedication goes to @kylieshookieeee. Thanks for commenting!!! Keep it up!

 NOW ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!! :)

 Okay now that I hopefully have your attention I want to tell you about a contest I'm having. I'm creating a book here in about ten minutes with all the information but basically you pick a chapter in Kidnapped and rewrite it in a different point of view. And the winner gets a prize which also will be in the book along with other rules. So go check it out! And enter!!! :)

 Thanks and hope you enjoy and also do the contest. Also try to get people to read it. If you get others to read Kidnapped. I will dedicate new chapter's to you and also give you a shoutout on my bio. :)