The Body

My eyes were still adjusting from the light and I wished I could see something. Who was this person? I crawled over to the body, hurrying as fast as I could. I worried that Kyle had taken someone who I knew and loved. Oh god what if he was Landon?

Once I got closer, I noticed that it was a girl. I knew it was bad of me but I sighed with relief that it wasn’t Landon. At least I knew he was safe for right now, but who was this girl? Her cries were quiet but I knew she was in pain from being pushed down the stairs. I felt bad though because this was my fault. I back talked to Kyle, making him act like this. Now, whoever this was, was going to have her life ruined.

It was too dark to see exactly what she looked like but I could see her long hair and smell her sweet perfume. She groaned as she sat up, rubbing her head in the process. I hoped Kyle hadn’t hurt her before that. I knew if I was bad, he would hurt her and I just couldn’t have someone else get hurt by him because of me.

“Kelly?” She asked.

I knew that voice anywhere. How could I forget that voice? Tears filled my eyes as I realized who it was.

“Oh my God, Brooke!” I shouted.

“H-he took me.” She sobbed.

“How did he get you? Weren’t you in Colorado?” I asked.

“He took me several days ago and locked me in some room. Today was the first time I had seen him again, since he took me. We aren’t in Colorado?” She asked.

“No, we’re in Florida. I’m so sorry. This is all my fault.” I muttered.

I knew it couldn’t have been all my fault because he kidnapped her before me but still, she would probably get punished for my actions. We remained silent for a few minutes before she finally spoke.

“I’m sorry this is happening to you. I meant to call you when you were rescued but I figured you wouldn’t want to see me because I would bring up bad memories. Then you moved here so I thought it would be best to leave you alone.” She said, trying to stop crying.

“It’s fine; I understand why you didn’t call. You are my friend and I would never regret seeing or talking to you. You remind me of what I survived and that is a good feeling. We are going to get through this.” I said.

“I’m not so sure about that. Not many people can escape a kidnapping three times.”

“Well not a lot of people are kidnapped three times.” I replied.

“I guess you’re right. I’m so scared though.” She said.

“We’ll be okay.” I lied, knowing that someway or another we would get hurt.

We crawled to the back wall of the basement and sat there, not talking just listening to the silence and jumping at the occasional creaking upstairs. I knew whenever Kyle decided to come downstairs, it wouldn’t be good. The door unlocked causing me to rise to my feet. Speak of the devil. The door opened and the light nearly blinded me. He left the door open, allowing the light to stay.

I didn’t even look back at Brooke, who was standing behind me, but my eyes were locked on Kyle. He didn’t seem as mad as he was earlier but that could easily change. He took a step forward, and I stepped backwards, running into Brooke in the process.

“Don’t worry Sweetie; I’m not here for you. I’m here for her.” He said pointing to Brooke.

“Why did you take her?” I asked.

“Well since you clearly want nothing to do with me, I might as well have someone else I like and who will actually listen to me. Marcus taught her well and she isn’t as stubborn as you. Brooke was my favorite before you came along.” He said with a smirk.

“Then why did you take me? I know you kidnapped her before me.” I asked.

“Well I wasn’t sure how you would act, so she was my backup plan.” He said.

“Then what about me?” I asked, crossing my arms, trying not to show him how scared I was about this situation and what would happen to Brooke and I.

“What about you?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Are you going to kill me, now that you have her?” I asked, hoping he wouldn’t give me the answer I was dreading. There was no way he could kill me. He went on and on about how much he loved me and how he hated to hurt me. He couldn’t actually kill me, right?

“No, that would be letting you off too easy.” He said, as he walked around me to Brooke. I turned to see her cringe back from him but he closed the space between him. He leaned closer to her and whispered something but I couldn’t hear it. Then Brooke just followed him upstairs, neither saying a word. Really? Did that just happen?

“Kyle, come on. Let me come up. You can’t just leave me down here.” I said as he stopped at the top of the steps.

“Watch me.” He said as he slammed the door shut, leaving me in eternal darkness.

Okay so I know it's not one of my best chapters. I'm am having some writers block right now but I will try to update again as soon as I can. Let me know if you have any ideas. What do you think about Brooke being there? What do you think will happen? I'll try to make the next chapter longer since this is shorter than my usual chapters. This dedication goes to @hankpob123. Thanks for commenting and reading!!! Please keep commenting and voting though.