Colorado

Robbins Point of View

 Robbins sat quietly on the airplane as she flew to Colorado. She didn’t want to see Dole but knew someone had too. She still remembered the letter she had found that he had written her.

Dear Robbins,

I will probably never give this to you but I just want to write this because I can’t help but smile when I re-read this letter. I need to tell you something that I never can tell you face to face. Robbins, I am madly in love with you. Ever since we met, I had fallen for you over and over again, not being able to control my emotions. I know that me becoming what I have and doing what I have, will really hurt you if you find out.

There is no way you could ever understand how I’m feeling. Trust me, I know you couldn’t possibly like me the way I like you. I was lonely and Kyle came alone and we created our master plan. I’m so sorry, please forgive me. Our friendship means the world to me. I just wish we could be more than that. I love your beautiful silk, brown hair and your chocolate brown eyes that make my heart melt as you gaze into mine.

 I lay in bed every night, think of how lucky I am to spend everyday with you, even if it’s not the best of days. I love being able to comfort you when you have a bad day. You are dedicated to being a police officer and I admire that. I wish I could just be happy like you but it’s just difficult. God, how I love your smile.

 I’m not exactly sure how to tell you how sorry I am for betraying you and lying to you. I hated it every second that I had to lie, but it was for the bigger picture. I enjoy what I do, and I know you will never understand how I could do that. Please don’t hate me. You are my best friend and probably the love of my life.

I can’t torture myself anymore by seeing you everyday, knowing I can’t be enough of a man to tell you face to face about how I feel. I hope one day I can actually tell you how I feel about you because you are all I think about and care about. You are my angel. I love you, Robbins.

Love, Jake Dole.

She held back tears as she remembered every single word. There was no way he wasn’t still in love with her. You can’t just face emotion like that. She wished that Dole hadn’t done this to her because he was one of the closest people in her life but not he was locked away in jail.

Then Robbins worried about Kelly. She didn’t want to leave her but knew it had to be done. Dole could know something about Kyle and that could lead to his arrest. Kelly did have a point about this being a trap but she had to take the risk. She arrived at the prison where Dole was being held and she suddenly got nervous.

Robbins rarely got scared but now she was. What would Dole be like? How would he act? Did he know anything? She slowly walked to the entrance of the jail. The warden inside the prison knew she was coming so had already set up a conference room with Dole inside.

She entered the room, butterflies dancing in her stomach. Dole sat at the table, his hands in chains and wearing an all orange jumpsuit. Once he saw her, a smile appeared on his face.

“Well what do you know, he was actually right.” Dole said.

“What do you mean?” Robbins asked as she took a seat across from Dole.

“Kyle said, you’d come today which surprised me.” He said still smirking.

“You talked to him today?” She asked.

“No, he predicted this weeks ago. I guess the plan is working.” He said.

Every part of Robbins’ body went numb at his words. What plan? How had Kyle knew where Robbins would go and do? Her heart rate increased slightly at the though.

“What plan?” She asked.

“Now I can’t tell you that, Robbins. Where is the mystery in that?” He asked laughing.

“Dole, I was trying to get you less of a sentence but I will stop that unless me what you know.” Robbins lied.

She hoped he wouldn’t notice her lie about getting him out because for his crimes, he would be in jail forever. There was no way he could be let out of jail.

“Now, now, lying is a terrible sin. I thought you were better than that. We both know I’m not going to get out early from here, unless, well never mind.” He said.

He must just love teasing Robbins because he sure was. She wanted to rip her hair out and slap him. Why couldn’t he just tell her what she wanted to know? She hated not knowing. She sighed loudly, enough so he could hear her.

“Well if you aren’t going to tell me anything, then I’m leaving.” She said, getting ready to stand up.

“Then this whole trip was a waste of time. I will talk about something; about me.”

“What then?” She said, getting irritated with him.

“I do want to apologize for all of this. I didn’t want to hurt you, as I said in my letter that you weren’t supposed to read. I do love you but I know it’s impossible to love someone like me. I just want to say I’m sorry.” He said, his eyes showing sympathy in his eyes.

“I don’t accept your apology. You ruined your own life and I couldn’t care any less about you.” Robbins snapped.

That was a lie, she obviously cared and loved him because he was her best friend and people like that can’t be easily forgotten, despite what they have done. Dole gasped dramatically and touched his heart before saying, “Ouch, that hurt.”

            “Well, it’s true.” She replied.  

Robbins knew Dole wouldn’t talk, he knew probably everything but why would he betray Kyle? Kyle killed Gary for betraying him, so Dole wouldn’t end up taking that risk. To think that he was good and started to dislike Kyle. What all happened? Kelly had said Dole was good but right now, he wasn’t. Kyle must have persuaded him somehow. If Dole was good, he would be giving Robbins everything he knew about Kyle.

She got to her feet and noticed that Dole had frowned. He looked exactly the same as he had before he was arrested a year ago, which freaked Robbins out some. That face was too familiar and just hurt to look at. She gave up and headed to the door, decided to head back to Florida to Kelly.

“Robbins,” He said.

She turned around and asked, “What?”

“He has her already by now.” He said with a sinister smirk.

Another chapter!!! I have had a lot of homework so I can't update as fast but next week is Christmas break and I can update a lot quicker. To the right is a picture of Finn and yes it's the guy from Pitch Perfect! I love that movie so I wanted him to be Finn!!!

Anyone else you guys want to see? I'm also sorry that the chapter's aren't as long as they have in the other books. I'm trying to update quickly so they aren't as long but once i'm on break, I will try and make them longer!

 This chapter's dedication goes to @Hallikinz. Thanks so much for commenting and you all are amazing because of how fast and amazing your comments are!!! I love reading them so much, it makes my day. What do you think will happen next?