Search

Robbins Point of View

It had been a few days since Landon was reported missing. Robbins should have expected something like this to happen. Robbins replayed the moment where Landon’s parents came into the station, wanting an update.

Cheryl Rivers was a beautiful woman with long black hair that had matched Landon’s perfectly. Her bright blue eyes glared at Robbins as she demanded for an update on her son. Michael Rivers stood silently behind his wife as she yelled and fumed about her son. Robbins wasn’t sure what to do because there wasn’t anything to update.

“This is all your fault! He was supposed to be safe and now he is missing!” She yelled, here eyes narrowing on Robbins.

“Look, Mrs. Rivers, we are trying everything we can and it’s only been a few days. Please understand that this takes time.” Robbins tried to explain.

“Only a few days? You’ve got to be kidding me! I can’t just sit around and wait for my only other child to show up dead in a ditch! I already lost my daughter, I can’t lose my son.” She chocked, breaking down into sobs.

Robbins hadn’t seen the Rivers since yesterday but knew she would probably hear from them again. She hated to see them like this but there was nothing more that she could. She guessed Kyle had taken him to get to Kelly but that wasn’t certain yet. There was no evidence on how Landon was kidnapped, which indicated that Kyle kidnapped him. Kyle never made a mistake of leaving evidence behind unless he wanted there to be.

Robbins had read about Landon’s kidnapping and about his sister. Since Robbins was a police officer, she got to read Landon’s statement on everything that happened while he was taken. She remembered reading pages upon pages of how Landon was forced to watch his sister raped and beaten every day. Some of the details were too graphic for even Robbins to read.

She couldn’t believe she had let him get kidnapped. Where could he be? Robbins had search units looking everywhere for Kyle and his picture was plastered everywhere throughout Florida. He couldn’t go out in public without someone seeing him, unless he wore a disguise.

She was still worried about the person who broke into her house and trashed downstairs while she was upstairs and she knew that it wasn’t just someone random. It had to be Kyle messing with her. Knowing that Kyle could just break into her house frightened her. He was really capable of anything.

Robbins was sitting at her desk, staring at the papers that covered her entire desk. Papers would help find Landon and Kelly, evidence and witnesses would but sadly, there weren’t either of them. She rubbed the back of her neck as she stared at the papers, not really comprehending what she was looking at.

Sleep wasn’t the most common thing for Robbins at the moment and everything was turning black as Robbins dosed off, laying her head on her desk, wrinkling the papers underneath her.

The phone started to ring, waking Robbins up from her much needed sleep. She pushed papers aside trying to find her phone. She picked it up, and answered it. She was still waking up and her eyes were adjusting to the light.

“Robbins, we found a cabin in the woods and it doesn’t look abandoned. We haven’t moved in yet, do you want us to wait?” Officer Sullen said on the phone.

“Wait for me I’m on my way. Text me where it’s located and I’ll be there as soon as I get there. If anyone leaves the cabin I want you go get them and wait for me.” Robbins instructed as she ran out to her car.

“Okay, see you soon.” Officer Sullen said as she hung up the phone.

Robbins’ heart was starting to beat fast with anxiety. She hoped that this was where Kyle was and this time he wouldn’t escape from them. There would be way more police officers there. Kyle loved cabins in secluded places so this had to be a good chance to find him.

She drove for about ten minutes until she reached the woods. She drove up several twisting roads, which seemed unstable but she ignored that. Once she was close enough to the house, she got out and started to walk to where Officer Sullen had said.

There were at least six police officers surrounding the cabin and Robbins knew no one was getting out of the house. She signaled for everyone to watch the house while her and Officer Sullen went in the house.

It was about five in the evening, yet sweat covered Robbins’ forehead. She pulled out her gun and was ready to enter the house. Officer Sullen went in first. Robbins followed closely behind. The front door was unlocked and once they were inside, a wave of dust attacked them. Robbins coughed as the dust filled her lungs.

The cabin was obviously abandoned and no one seemed to live here. The outside of the cabin hadn’t looked abandoned but I guess you can’t go by that. The two of them searched the rest of the cabin to find nothing. There wasn’t even food, which could indicate that someone once lived here.

Once outside the musty cabin, Robbins sighed in frustration. Why couldn’t this have been something? Her phone vibrated and she answered it, clearly agitated with the failure.

“I see you’re looking in the wrong place.” The voice said, echoing in Robbins’ ear. Her eyes widened.

Sorry for the short chapter! I hope you did like it, seeing how Robbins in during all of this. Who do you think is on the phone? I hope to update again soon and thanks again for the votes and comments, it makes me want to write faster! This chapter's dedication goes to @kitkat405!! Thanks so much!!!