Connect

Brooke's Point of View

Brooke looked down to see the branch she had tripped over, despite her torn jeans and the bleeding from the fall; she got up and pushed on. Every part of her was hurting but she ignored it. She had to escape. She made one mistake though. She looked back to see that Kyle wasn’t there. Where was he? Just as she turned back around, thinking she was free. She ran smack into someone. She fell to the ground, hitting her head in the process. She laid there in pain as she stared in fear at Kyle.

His face was red with fury and he barely looked out of breath from running. She never had a chance with him. Tears silently fell down her cheeks as she tried to crawl away from him. He kicked her in the side, causing her to scream in pain. Blood trickled down her cheek from where she had hit her head. Everything was blurry but she struggled as much as she could.

“Help! Someone help!” She screamed as loud as she could, hoping that someone would hear her.

“Shut up!” He yelled as she slapped her.

She rubbed her throbbing cheek as he yanked her to her feet and started to drag her towards the house. She struggled but that only resulted in her getting hurt. He was going to kill her. Why did she do this? Kyle ignored her cries and pleads to stop and once there were back at the house, he tightened his grip and double checked that the backdoor was locked before pulling Brooke into the living room.

“I tried to be nice to you. You’re going to pay for this, bitch.” He yelled as he dragged her across the house to the bedroom.

Once they were there, he threw here onto the bed and started to remove his shirt. Then that’s when Brooke knew what was going on. She quickly got to her feet and tried to make a run for the door but he stopped her and roughly threw her back onto the bed, holding her down.

“No! Please, don’t! I’m begging you. Please!” She screamed as tears cascaded down her cheeks.

“You did all of this to yourself.” He snarled as he climbed on top of her.

                                    *Kelly’s Point of View*

I paced around the basement, trying to sooth my boredom. Why was Kyle doing this? I was extremely worried for her but then again I was worried for myself. Kyle was becoming more dangerous than he was when he first kidnapped me.

I walked along all the walls in the basement to find no doors except a bathroom and no windows. There was no furniture and it was freezing down here. God, I actually wished I was upstairs right now. To think I could be cold somewhere in Florida.

I fell asleep several times but would wake up for several reasons. Nightmares. Coldness. Or just being uncomfortable on the hard floor. My stomach was hurting from not eating like all day and night but that wasn’t the worst thing I was feeling.

I cursed to myself when I was woken up again from sleeping but this time it wasn’t my fault. The basement door opened. I glanced up the stairs to see Kyle, who was shirtless and looking pissed off, and Brooke who was crying as he pushed her onto the first step and slammed the door in her face. I listened as she walked down the stairs, still crying.

            “Brooke, what happened?” I asked.

“H-he raped me.” She said as her sobs got louder.

I stood there dumbfounded. Kyle actually raped her? That couldn’t be true. He wouldn’t do something that cruel, would he? No, he wouldn’t do such a thing. But then why would Brooke lie about that? What was I supposed to say to that?

“I tried to escape but he caught me and then dragged me back to the house. I didn’t think he was like Marcus until he threw me onto the bed and started to take off his clothes.” She said, obviously trying not to cry as much as she was already.

“I’m so sorry Brooke; I promise you that we will get out of here.” I said.

It was obvious that neither of us believed that but I still had to be strong for us. What if Kyle tried to rape me? He wouldn’t do that, would he? He must know that I would really hate him forever if he tried anything. I wasn’t sure what overcame me, but I started to cry. What was happening? I hated crying now.

It seemed like hours later when I heard the basement door open. Brooke was sleeping silently on the floor, and I knew I should wake her up but she needed rest. Kyle slowly walked down the stairs, his face emotionless. I stood my ground, hoping he couldn’t see the fear in my eyes.

“Come here, now!” He shouted.

I flinched but slowly made my way over to him. Once I was close enough to that he was inches from my face, he caressed my cheek, causing me to pull back at his touch. He raised his hand as he was about to hit me and I turned my face and closed my eyes, waiting for the slap. It never came. I slowly opened my eyes to see his hand lower.

He grabbed my wrist, pulling me up the stairs. I glanced back to see Brooke, awake, and eyes filled with fear. I didn’t bother struggling knowing it was useless and that I wanted to see what his plans were first. Once we were upstairs, he locked the basement door. The light was blinding since I had been locked in the dark basement for so long. I hadn’t eaten in a day or two; I had lost count of the days.

“I know what you did.” I finally said as he sat down on the couch. I stood standing by the basement door, not wanting to be close to him. He glanced up at me, showing no emotion again. Why couldn’t he just tell me what he was thinking? It would make things so much easier.

“And your point is?” He asked.

“You’re not that guy, I know it and you know it.” I breathed.

“I know what you’re doing; you’re just trying to save your skin.” He said, turning on the TV, ignoring my presence.

“No I’m not; I’m trying to save you from yourself.” I said, my body trembling in the process. I never knew how Kyle would act when I talked to him.

He motioned for me to sit down on the couch next to him and I hesitantly obeyed. Kyle stared at me with great intensity and I looked away. He grabbed my cheek and forced me to look at him.

“You have no idea who I am.” He said as he let go of my chin.

“Yes I do. You are someone who is hurting and is in trouble. Please, you were one of the closest people in my life before.” I said.

A smirk appeared on his face before he said, “You don’t even have the slightly clue of who I am and what I have been through. I’m not the guy you think I am. That should have been obvious the day you found out I kidnapped you.”

“Well I know you love me and don’t actually want to hurt me.” I whispered.

“And that’s what has ruined me.” He whispered in my ear, causing me to shiver.

Sorry it took me awhile to update. It's because of Christmas and everything and I also am having some writers block which isn't helping at all. But I hope you enjoyed this. What do you think will happen next?

 This chapters dedication goes to @marvel_kalysha_90265 Thanks for commenting and voting. Everyone should keep commenting because they are amazing!!! I'll try to update again as soon as I can, just bare with me.