Punish

I had never felt this way before. I had never been left heartbroken by someone who I loved and thought I would be with him forever. I thought he was the one. Sure, I was heartbroken by Ethan but he died, he didn’t choose to leave me. Landon was still alive and chose to leave me. I ran into the bedroom, where Kyle had taken me, not sure of where to go.

I flung open the door, still sobbing. Kyle was laying on the bed, look at his phone. His eyes met mine and he was instantly in front of me. He wrapped me in his arms and I was too heart broken to even protest.

“Did he hurt you? What happened?” He asked.

I shook my head, not being able to speak. He hurt me, but not physically. For once, I didn’t see Kyle as my kidnapper or as a killer, I saw him as a person, someone who truly cared for me. Now, all I had was Robbins, and she had no idea where I am. I pulled away from Kyle and sat down on the bed. I buried my face in my hands and tried to stop crying.

I had never gone through a normal breakup before and even this isn’t a normal breakup, but its close enough. I wished I had someone who could understand this, because clearly Kyle wouldn’t understand.

“You want to talk about it?” Kyle asked, sitting down next to me, rubbing my back slowly.

“He hates me.” I whispered.

“Shhh, everything will be okay.” He said, wrapping his arm around me.

There was only one normal person in this world that cared about me now. Sure, Kyle cared about me but he didn’t count because this was all his fault. Why did he have to kidnap Landon? I wanted to believe Kyle that everything was going to be alright but I knew it wouldn’t be. I had to deal with Kayden and Dole for the next two hours, after I had my heart ripped out and stomped on.

I never knew that I could hurt this much for this long of time. I was so happy with him and he basically threw me under the bus and turned on me. How could he do that to me, especially here? I lost the love of my life, because of my past.

Kelly Hunter! You have to stay strong, you can’t break down now. You are a fighter and fighters don’t give up. Screw Landon, he obviously doesn’t love you enough to stick with you. Fight for Dad, Mom, Ethan, Maddie, and Brooke. They want to see you get out of here. Be strong. Don’t give up.

The tears stopped falling and I quickly wiped them away. I stood up, trying to act strong. I didn’t need Kyle’s comfort anymore; this was his fault after all. The ground suddenly became very interesting and drew my eyes. Looking at Kyle always reminded me of so many bad things that I would break down from. I was strong and stubborn. I was going to fight as long as I was breathing.

“Are you okay?” He asked, confused by my sudden mood change.

“Yes, I’m fine.” I said, which wasn’t much of a lie anymore.

I jumped when there was a knock on the door. It wasn’t an hour yet, was it? I stared at Kyle, wondering who was at the door, and why. Kyle stood up and walked to the door. My heart dropped when I saw Dole standing in the doorway. This couldn’t be good.

“I have changed the time to thirty minutes. It’s Dole’s turn to have you.” Kyle said, answering my confusion.

I slowly walked to the door, not wanted my fear to show. Dole smiled at me and I can’t even imagine what he is going to do to me. I didn’t even want to think about it. Dole grabbed me by the arm and I saw a flash of fear in Kyle’s eyes. Dole took me down the hall to another room, which I assumed was his bedroom.

He threw me to the ground, as he shut and locked the door. I quickly got to my feet, knowing being on the ground would put me in a bad place. I stared into Dole’s big brown eyes and I saw nothing in them. There was no emotion or anything in them. It was like he was a ghost, or a soulless person.