Meeting

My eyes opened to the sun shining directly into them. I groaned, burying my face in my pillow. I didn’t want to get up. Then reality hit me and I knew I needed to get up and get ready for noon. I swung my feet on the side of the bed and got down. Knowing this was going to be the last time I was in my room for awhile, I slowly made my way downstairs, admiring every part of the house. Robbins had told me she was going to sleep on the couch instead of us packing and going to her house.

As I expected, she was asleep on the couch. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and silently ate while she slept. When I was done, I was about to head upstairs when I heard Robbins’ voice.

“I really wish you would eat more. You don’t know the next time you will eat.” She said.

“I’m also feeling sick to my stomach and would prefer not to throw it all up.” I snapped, turning around to face her. Her eyes showed sadness and I knew she was just trying to make sure I was okay, but there was nothing she could do to help me this time.

“Look, I’m sorry that I’m being rude. I just feel terrible right now.” I admitted.

My stomach was in knots and it hurt just to breath. How was I supposed to go back with this monster? I knew that he was going to hurt me once he got his hands on me and that’s probably what terrified me the most, not knowing what he would do.

“It’s fine, I want to help you, but I know you don’t want the police involved in this.” She said, frowning.

“Yes, I don’t want the police because Kyle will kill Landon and then just kidnap me. There is nothing you can do. Just when I’m gone, check all cabins in the woods because he likes the abandoned, isolated places.” I said.

“I will find you and Landon. You both will make it out of here alive.” She said.

“I hope so.” I muttered as I sat on the couch, waiting for the time to come when we would have to leave.

I decided not to change clothes because I wasn’t going to dress up nice for Kyle and plus, I didn’t know how long I would be gone and wanted something comfortable to wear. My soccer shorts and tank top were just fine with me. I slipped on my gym shoes, trying them tightly. My hands were shaking but I ignored them.

“Okay, we should be going.” Robbins said.

I nodded and started to head for the front door. Robbins stopped me and wrapped her arms around me. I was going to miss this so much. Robbins was basically a mom to me, so I could see the pain in her eyes.

“I love you Kelly, please remember that despite what happens, you always have me.” She said, holding back the tears.

“You’re like a mom to me and I want to thank you for everything. I love you Robbins.” I said chocking on tears.

I turned and walked to her car, trying not to cry. My breathing increased and I felt like I was going to throw up. I knew seeing Kyle again wasn’t going to be pretty but also I was worried about Dole and Kayden. Would Dole hurt Robbins because of this? I shook my head, stopping myself from thinking.

We drove in silence the whole way to the woods. I was going to have to walk to the waterfall because no one could come with me. I didn’t care though, walking would give me time to get over my fears. I buried my face in my hands as we came to a stop. What if I chickened out and couldn’t do this? Robbins looked over at me and I knew she was wondering if I could go through with this. I had too though, or Landon would die.

I opened the car door, letting the warm air hit my skin. I turned back to Robbins to see a few tears running down her cheeks. It took everything I had not to cry along with her. I had to be strong, because if I was weak, things would be much worse with Kyle.