♧ Preface♧

"Zaabit Bhai!!! What are you doing?" I begin to walk back as his sturdier figure became closed.

"You are not supposed to be here, Zaabit Bhai" I begin to say because for the past few weeks since I have arrived back. He never came this close to me. What's the sudden change?

"Stop calling me Zaabit Bhai. ..Bhai...Bhai...Bhai...damn it" his pitch-black shining eyes bore into me and I fear them ever since that day.

"I didn't give you the permission to call me that. For you...I am just Zaabit" he said in between his clenched teeth.

The fear of seeing myself in different light became reality. I fear him. I fear him from that day. I fear him during the day and at night. He even haunts me in my dreams. Even then when I was oceans away.

I thought I had overcome him but no...I haven't forgotten anything.

I held back my occurring tears because I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of a domineering presence.

My hands tremble and so I instantly held them back to not to make me weak.

"But why this favor on me only... Zaabit Bhai? " I questioned him with sudden courage.

"Zaabit...I said. Didn't you hear me and don't test my patience or else? " he said.

"Or else what??? Take advantage of my innocence...have you heard of this saying before ...."you can fool me once but you can't fool me twice" I utter as I see the change in his body language.

He rushes in one quick wave and grabbed me by the shoulders. He caged me between the wall and himself. His fresh, minty breath fans my face as I noticed his breath quickens at extreme closeness.

I loathe you so much...I whisper and his mouth came closer to my ear and his light stubble brushed my cheeks that erupting nothing but hate.

"You will love me...I am going to make sure of that...you have always been the one...the time you step on this land that I protect...I could sense you and now I will make sure to protect you so that you will never leave again".

I shudder at his words. I thought, his obsession will fade with time as he wouldn't see me more often but nothing has changed. He is the same...ruthless..bitter guy. I find myself going weak.

With all my might I pushed him away and shouted

" I will never become yours because as of today ...right now ...In front of your eyes, I am going to become someone else bride... I detest you Zaabit Bhai or Zaabit. ..to the point, you can never imagine. You can never be in this heart of mine.

I hated you...when I sensed your ugly behavior. I have already given my heart to Soham and named everything in his name.

Now get out before I do something that we both will regret" I said with all the bitterness that I have stored in for him.

"You are not his because you are mine....the fate, the destiny, and you will know that you are mine," he said and I walked up to him until he was out the door and I utter

"Don't curse my happiness" and I close the heavy wooden door on his face.

His words "you will always be the one" rang in my ears.