*Getting To Know Her*

Zaabit ~ POV

Upon second knock on the glass door to my dad office. It is then, I hear his rushed voice from the inside, letting me know I can come in.

I stretch and straighten my back, proudly pull my shoulder like a brave soldier. I give my uniform a final glance before I present myself to him. All the tension and thoughts put aside to focus on what I am about to ask. I need my focus.

I close the door behind me, making a little tick noise, assuring that it is perfectly close.

I walk to where he was standing, beside his study table.

I make a throttle sound to get his attention. He turn around, tucking his finger as a bookmark in the book he was reading.

"Aha, Captain Zaabit" he lets out.

And with his free hand, he salute and my lips curls into a slight smile.

"Sir, you're saluting with wrong hand" I voice quietly.

"Captain, whether it is right or left...salute is a salute. And salute should be responded with salute" he said.

He gesture me to take a seat infront of him across the table where he is preparing to sink into his leather chair.

"Captain, how did you manage to find your way here?"

He quickly dismisses the quietness.

"Dad. Can you please stop calling me Captain. I have a name" I inform him.

I hate him being called captain as everywhere I go. Its like I don't have a name.

"Well, captain should be called captain" he asserts.

I give him a look to please listen to me while I am still being nice.And he does when he puts on his listening face.

" Dad" I breathe.

"I am listening" he assures me.

" So what is wrong with Saama. .I mean ....suddenly her legs starts to ache and freezes. ..is she suffering from something. I know she is because she was all the time sick when she was little but I thought....no...I heard you saying that she is better. Then if so, then why is she suddenly falling and sleeping for hours and when she wakes up she is all good like a normal person" I stop to hear what he has to say.

"Zaabit...Saama is a very strong person and you will know it after you actually start to know her. And you will know her if you listen to her quietly. She is very different from your sister. She will never tell you what the problem is but she will try to find a solution before others can know about it. So I have to tell you this that please be very kind to her and be the person on whom she can have faith in" he stops.

"Yes, Dad. I am going to make sure that I am a person that she can learn to trust on".

" Good....good...so Saama is unfortunately suffering from parkinson disease. She start to show the symptoms about the age of 10 and during that time she had a surgery that was very successful and she was coping pretty well. She did get better when she moved to China and your uncle thought she is healed. At least,  that is what it look like to your uncle however that is not the case because she is reliving the symptoms again and the chances of her getting recovered are very limited. In all cases people with Parkinson disease have to accept it as a part of their life".

"I am sorry but what is parkinson disease? " I question.

" PD meaning Parkinson disease. It is a movement disorder which progresses slowly but continuously and with due time it symptoms gets worse. In the brain, it kills the important nerve cell which are neurons. The neurons at the substantia nigra are affected."