*Some Days*

It's the second day of us being together as one, sharing one roof yet we are so far apart when it comes to our heart. Our hearts don't follow the same path. We are like a same branch but with different shoots. In our own world and in our own isolation.

I am feeding on the cigarette, drugging my heart to numbness. It had been hours since I had stood here in the balcony to smoke and to decipher the elements which has unfolded in a good way but in such a less time. Rejoicing seems like a far away feeling.

The winter sun brightens up leaving a pinkish hue along the horizon, giving the death a bit of life.

I rummage in my sweatpants pocket for another stick. I was so lost in the desert of my thoughts that I actually empty the entire packet.

I turn around to the distress of my heart and lean onto the railing of the balcony for support. The glass window is covered with dew and the dew drops along the glass, leaving a wet trail. My eyes flicker back to her. She is wearing a long red hand-knitted sweater that reaches just above her ankles. She looks like a Christmas stocking. She has a high bun and thick obnoxious glasses,covers her aesthetic. A heaps of her belonging strewn across the room to be sorted out and put away.

All of the sudden I started to cough. And that catches her attention as her eyes diverts my way, settling.

My lungs burn due to the nonstop usage and I really wanted to knock some sense into myself for crassly smoking as a beginner.

I make my steps towards her when all of the sudden she falls onto her knees as if begging for mercy. The spur of the situation melds into a period drama still. I am the king and she is my concubine, atoning for mercy. The filmy setting makes me feel superior.

I stoop down to her level, grasp her roughly by the chin as she won't look at me in the eye. Her eyes searching the ground.

"Look at me" I utter lowly "Talk to me."

She remains straight face as she look up.

"Why didn't you run away when you had the chance?"

"It's not like I had one...you seem to be the safest place to run to" she whispers almost incoherently, not struggling in my hold.

"If that was the case then you wouldn't have ran away again. You dare to lie."

Her eyebrows pinching together in confusion.

"Why do you care if I lie to you or not" she said "what do I mean to you anyway?"

"You made me reach the shore when I was drowning" I said nostalgically "Which makes you a part of me."

"Just let me stay by your side" she asks.

In her eyes I had seen the swirl of emotion. A softness, a hope to be accepted and not to be abandoned.

"It will be enough for you but what about me. You are my woman" I reason.

"I can't bring myself to ever consider you as mine. You can never replace him."

I yank her by the chin and warned

"You are never to mention him ever again in front of me."

With that I harshly left her alone as she falls further to the ground and walk away.

Suddenly I find her in front of me, blocking.

"You got me but you will never get me because what is in my heart is what you can't earse" she bereft.

I released my clenched jaw.

"Heart" I said "It is a gullible organ in the body. It goes where it gets attention from, let alone you or your thoughts of Soham can't control it."

She pats my heart and my heart runs wildly upon that. This is what she does to me. My expression softens when her touch sweeps in.

She parts her lips and her calm voice resonates

"This heart falls once and it is picked once. It remains with the one who has picked it up...think about yourself, have you tried to let anyone else other than me."

She stops for me to response, to tell her that I didn't had time to think about anybody else would seem like a lie to her ears. She has always been on my mind ever since I decided to make her mine. She was always there, silently shadowing my paths wherever I go.

"See... you don't have anything to say...so how could you ask me to leave him."

"You certainly can...if you start to try. You haven't even begin to do that" I voice.

She walks past me and lowly utters

"I will remain by your side."

I don't react to it as I have shielded all my emotions.

Hello....surprise ....are u ...tell me ...eheheh