* Bridge Leading Me To Her*

Dedicated to these awesome souls
HazelEyedMuslimah
Sareema_Noor
Anjumsoha
Ammutullah
mohdnazeerali
sweet-raisins
saimasarfaraz
Lovely_girl_fun

Zaabit ~ POV

As the sky clears away, leaving the heaviness of yesterday behind. Her delicate fingers wisp from my otherwise rough hands as she stirs in her sleep.

I instantly back away in fear of her finding me too close to her without her permission which I never needed before and now there is no reason to seek her permission. I can come close to her anytime, I want... but that would only drift her away from me than she already is.

I have to learn to give her some space to pull everything together to accept me and this relationship that she dreads the most.

I run my fingers backward in my hair until the back of my neck.

I begin to search for a cigarette and luckily I found the packet in the side pocket of my kameez.

I hurriedly took it and stood in front of the window toward her house.

The white sky with specks of blue and tall pine trees is covered with thick snow yet the trees are leaving the touch of minty green in the hollowness of white.

One of the servants is shoveling the icy snow that has been built overnight.

He may be innerly praying to let the sunrise melt away all the snow that he is clearing by his hands in this harshness. If his prayer had been a heartfelt one then it will get accepted but the sun is forecasted to be up in the sky in a few days.

My trained muscles ached to be used and I know it is this, that is the only way, I would be able to feel the rush of the blood through my veins.

Ever since I had begun to walk with my pair of legs, there has been nothing that could have made me sit for hours except her and that incident that made me bedridden for what seemed like an eternity.

I have lost all the hope of ever using these muscles that were at that time thriving.

They are always raging with thirst, to be used and today seems like a good day to shovel and run around the curves that are covered in heaps of snow.

The cold air filled with sogginess touches the tip of my nose instantly as I make my way toward the almost shoveled bridge that holds a special meaning to me.

It's a connection that has always sewed both of us.

I never thought about it until this day, everytime I have walked across it, it has been like...walking into that heart of her which has always forced me to come back with the determination of knowing the depths of her hidden heart.

Her rejection would make me come back for more of her that she swear to keep hidden.

It was the hiding that had interested me to peak at her like an obsessive freak, that I realized not until when she had pushed me into the rose garden with that red imprints that until today are on the white tee shirt.