Chapter 11

"How was it?" Meadow asked.

"It was good. Kind of fun towards the end. Hunter and I had a little basketball tournament with balls of paper."

"Who won?"

"He did."

"I could've told you that. You suck at sporting."

"You suck at grammaring."

"That's not a word."

"In Bella's book of weird and stupid words, it is."

"Of course it is."

Knock Knock

"Hold on Meadow. I think Lenny is here." I got up and went to the door. I opened it and it was Lenny. Waiting there with a box of pizza.

"You brought pizza?!"

"Obviously Bella." Lenny laughed and walked in. I put my phone back up to my ear.

"Bye Meadow, the friend who doesn't bring me pizza. My other friend brought me pizza so he is my new bestie." I said before hanging up. I went and grabbed a slice before Lenny ate them all.

"So how is work?" Lenny asked and took a bite of pizza.

"You never talk about that. What drama do you have to talk about now?" I asked and took a bite of my pizza.

"You're right. Ok so get this. Hunter King's 'Girlfriend.' Got hurt the other night at his club. Isn't that crazy? There isn't much info but I have been doing my research." Lenny explained.

I nodded. Of course, I knew everything that pretty much happened, but I am pretty sure no one wants that out into the open.

I hope my dad erases everything about me being involved in that situation. That can not get out that I was involved with any of that.

"Wow, interesting."

"Besides that. The only thing Mr. King's company can talk about is his new assistant." Lenny nudged me and winked.

"Ew gross."

"Fine. Did you know Mr. King goes to Italy for some of his summers? He just owns another house over there. Like who wants two houses. Everyone knows you have to have 5."

"Can we stop talking about my boss and his whereabouts? How about we talk about Taylor Swift or someone like that."

"Oh, I have lots of info about her."

...

"I get it she has lots of hidden messages in her videos." I was getting to the point where I would start banging my head on the table.

"Ok, who else?"

"No one, please. I have work tomorrow."

"You are no fun when you are all grown up having a job and shit."

"I know right. Anyways thanks for the pizza it was a good two slices." I said as I walked him to the door.

"Next time we will have to talk about conspiracy theories." He said before I shut the door on him.

...

"Good morning Bella." The receptionist greeted me as I walked into the building.

"Morning receptionist Lady."

"My name is Marie by the way." She said before I walked into the elevator. I waited for the elevator to go up all 72 floors. Luckily there were no stops so I got to go straight up. I kind of wish I could've seen Tyler though. He makes this job better than it already is kind of is.

"Bella go back to the lobby and pick up papers Marie has for me." Mr. King instructed as soon as I walked through his doors. I groaned and turned right back around. I think I heard him laugh at me.

"Back so soon Bella?" Maria asked.

"He told me there were papers to bring up."

"Oh, I just faxed them to him." I groaned again and walked back to the elevator.

"Bella I know Marie faxed them to me, but I need the hard and original copies of it." I was going to pull out my hair if I had to go up and down the elevator one more time. The elevator song hadn't even changed yet.

"Let me guess you need the hard copies?" Marie asked and handed me a stack of papers. I nodded and then made my way back to the elevator. I'll definitely get exercise. At least I don't have to use the stairs.

"Bella they are fixing the elevator speakers. So you'll have to use the stairs from now on." Hunter informed as I walked into his office for what seemed the hundredth time.

...

I swear the world must hate me. Everything is just not going in my favor. First I have to go back and forth between the first and top floor. Then the elevator needs to be fixed so I can't even go that way to get down to the bottom floor.

Do I have to go down the stairs who does that?

When Hunter told me to go get his coffee, I couldn't go to the closer one because it was also under construction. Then the second closest one was being evacuated because mice were invading the building. The third coffee shop had a line nobody has time to wait in. I rushed to a fourth one which was finally a good one. No mice, no lines, and no construction.

By the time I got back to Hunter's office, he was sleeping. Fucking sleeping. I can go down as his worst assistant ever in getting coffee.

"Oh, Bella. You're back. What took you so fucking long?" I handed him his coffee.

"Um sorry. A lot of places were-"

"I don't care anymore." I stood there awkwardly rocking back and forth on my heels and toes.

"What should I do now?" I asked.

"Um, I don't know. You can go out to your desk and spin in circles in your chair. I don't have anything for you to do now." He waved me off and drank his coffee. After taking a sip, he threw it right in the trash. My mouth fell open.

"Are you serious I went to four fucking coffee shops for that!"

"I am gonna get you a coffee machine so you can make the coffee you made me at the Coffee Café. It's way better than whatever that was. Also, watch your language."

"But you just cursed like two min- you know what never mind. I'm just gonna go and spin in my chair if that's ok with you." I slowly walked back towards the door. I backed into a chair and almost fell over, but I didn't.

"Amore there is a-" I fell backward onto my back. I groaned and sat up. "bump in the carpet." He got up and rushed over to me.

"Are you ok?" I nodded.

"I could be better. At least I landed on the carpet." I slowly got up and Hunter brought over a chair for me. "Mr. King I just fell down. I didn't break my leg."

" I know just sit down. I'll call up the company nurse."

"That is not necessary." I shook my head.

"Just let her look." He pleaded. And people say girls are extra.

"It isn't necessary you are overreacting. Definitely overreacting. I tripped Mr. King. T-R-I-P-P-E-D. Tripped."

"Please."

...

"What seems to be the issue here?" The nurse asked as she set down her bag of doctor equipment.

"I tripped over a carpet." I pointed to the little bump in the carpet.

"I see and Mr. King thinks you are seriously injured?" She asked and raised an eyebrow. I nodded. "Well, I think the treatment you need is a less overreacting boss who cares way too much for you. But I think it's kind of sweet in away."

•Edited•