Chapter 57

"What do you want?" I asked him. Literally who does he think he is.

"To see my daughter of course. Why else would I be here?"

"She doesn't want to see you."

"How would you know? She is my daughter so I suggest you move Mr. King before I do something you won't like." He warned. I stood my place.

"No."

Bella's POV

Hunter still hadn't come back with my Jello and to say I was worried was an understatement. Maybe he just stopped at the bathroom. Yeah, that's what people do. I leaned back and closed my eyes for a bit until I heard shouting outside my door.

I opened them and my eyes went straight for the door which was opened. Suddenly two men fell into the room. They looked like they were going to kill each other. When I saw their faces, it was Hunter and my dad.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you but your 'boyfriend' is preventing me from doing so."

"Well, he was right get out!"

"Bella I'm your father and much more of a man than this twat."

"I am not a twat and I am a man." Hunter scoffed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night old man."  Hunter rolled his eyes.

"Just leave get out. I told you I want nothing to do with you. Or your gang. So stop sending men to see men or try and 'warn' me." I said and waved him off.

"Not happening sweetheart." My dad shook his head.

"Can you just be quiet for one 1 second?" Hunter yelled at my dad, who looked very shocked that someone was talking back like Hunter was.

"You don't know who you are talking to boy." My dad said in a warning voice.

"And you don't know who you are talking to!" Hunter shouted back. The door opened causing all of us to see who it was. A woman popped her head in the doorway.

"If you guys could just keep it down. Someone down the hall is sleeping and we can hear you from all the way down there. If you aren't quiet we are gonna have to ask you guys to leave." She explained before shutting the door again.

"Let me see my daughter!" My dad whisper-shouted.

"Not a chance old man. You have been threatening her and putting her in danger for a long time."

"And you aren't putting her in danger. I know what you do boy! Don't think I haven't done my background checks on you and that Tyler guy."

"I- I am not putting her in danger," Hunter said defensively.

"You told her to go to Tyler Carter's office that one day and now look at what happened because of it. You put her life in danger. None of this would have happened if you didn't do what you did."

"It was for a job."

"Can you both shut the hell up? I am getting a headache. Sometimes I wish I was still in that Coma."

"Bella don't say that," Hunter replied and walked over to my bed.

"It's only the truth, my friend."

"You got friend-zoned. So GET OUT!" My dad laughed.

"What are you 10?"

"No, I am an old man remember?"

"Both of you sound like you should be in a mentally insane asylum. You are not acting your age. Hunter, you're just as bad."

"B-"

"You know what I am leaving. I give no shits about my fucking daughter. If people are going to prevent me from seeing her." He walked towards the door and opened it. He stepped out and turned to keep talking. Hunter walked over to the door also and put his hand on the door.

"Ok bye!" Hunter said and slammed the door in my dad's face.
...
"Oh, I got your Jello for you," Hunter said and handed me a few containers of Jello.

"Thank you." I smiled and grabbed them from him. I opened one and started eating it. "So do you think you were a little harsh?" I asked as I shoved the Jello in my mouth.

"No, not really. He is gone and you are safe."

"He was really angry. If he wasn't coming for me before he is now."

"Well, I'll be here for you."

"When did you get all mushy? If I didn't know any better I would think you might be changing." I asked and set the empty container on the side table. He turned his once smiling face into a straight face.

"Never." He answered. I frowned because I knew he was serious.

"Ok, then I guess I'll go to sleep," I said as I finished my second cup.

"Ok."

•Edited•